Medicate

A/N this is an Annabeth story. This story is based off of the lyrics of Medicate by Gabbie Hannah. In this story, Percy and Annabeth (mostly Percy) decided it would be best for their mental health not to be together as it brought up memories of that place. Percy got better, he was smiling again and enjoying life. Annabeth, however, got worse and decided that staying at Camp Half-Blood with the memories is too much. When the opportunity came up for Annabeth to go to college she did, in New Rome University in Camp Jupiter. 

Many years past since Annabeth ever saw Percy and just thinking about him makes her heart hurt. Reyna, realising this, took Annabeth to the doctor, who told her she needs medication for her depression and anxiety....

Annabeth's POV

I sighed as I sat in my home in New Rome, in the peaceful yet painful silence.

I was meant to be here with Per-him...

...and he left me.

He's probably got a girlfriend, or maybe even a wife.

I can't get my mind off of him...and yet, he's probably forgotten about me.

I looked at the pill containers in my hands.

One for Depression and one of Anxiety.

Both because of him...

...can you actually medicate it away?

I mean, it could be possible but a high chance it would not.

I've tried and tired again but it never works with me.

I heard a soft knock on the door.

"Annabeth? Can I come in?" I heard Piper say.

I widen my eyes and quickly stood up and hid the pills on top of the fridge before going to the door.

She doesn't know nor need to know.

Because if she finds out and realises why, she will bring h-him over here and I can't deal with that right now. 

I opened the door, putting my usual fake smile on.

"Pipes, I was just marking student's work" I lied.

Piper laughed.

"You're always working Annabeth" Piper said "You need a break once in a while"

"Because a university professor leaves me no time to rest Piper" I joked.

She rolled her eyes and hugged me.

"We haven't talked for what seems like forever!" she said and then came out the hug "So that is why we're going out for some lunch!"

"Piper-"

"Come on Annabeth, whats the worse that can happen? The rest of the seven will be-"

I widen my eyes.

P-Percy's here.

"That is a defiant reason why" I replied quickly and coldly.

Piper looked at me confused.

"I...I can't see Percy" I said, looking down.

Piper looked at me with a faint smile.

"You can't avoid him forever Annabeth" Piper said.

I turned around and walked back into my apartment.

"I can and I will!" I said as I walked into the living room.