CHAPTER TWO

DEVANTE

"Is she still looking at me?" I asked
K-Ci as we sat at our table for lunch.

It was the only second day of coming back to NorthRidge High but this time for my final year at this drama filled hell hole and muthafuckas were already fighting, fucking, and getting into some deep shit.

But the one thing that I am worried about is Naomi Kingly, Her best friend Lola Harris introduced me and my boys to her back in 85' and ever since then she has been chasing me non-stop, she just won't let up.

I mean she is a very attractive girl but I just don't have feelings for her at all and when she acts so bold, it turns me off and plus I ain't trying to talk to nobody anymore after some shit that I delt with once before.

"Yeah, she is-damn De why you tripping? Shit, you need to take advantage of the opportunity and show her what's up" K-Ci encouraged me to be a nigga that hits it and quicks it but I ain't trying to be like him, having around 6 secret girlfriends all at one time with Mary being his main girl, the one he shows off and adores but behind close doors he doesn't give two fucks about her as he just simply fucks another female behind her back.

He better be glad Mary didn't take first lunch with us because if last year was anything like this year, K-Ci would be up in here arguing with her back and forth as Mary smack some girl senselessly as she saw her flirting with K-Ci.

"Look ain't nobody trying to be all deep into something I know I don't want to have a long term in, I ain't trying to either have a broken heart or the girl I fuck with have a broken one instead, I ain't trying to be played out like that" I told him as Jojo nodded his head up and down in agreement to my statement, it seemed like me and him are the only two that think on a more logical level unlike Dalvin and K-Ci.

K-Ci gave me a look as he squint his eyes at me and pursued his lips as Dalvin kissed his teeth beside him.

"De, my brother and you know we came from the same mother, you need to understand that Hoe Is Life!" Dalvin shouted.

I looked at Jojo as he looked at me back with the same expression plastered on his face as mine.

"What kind of shit is that?" Jojo inquired, confused on what Dalvin could possibly be talking about.

"Like he said, Hoe Is Life, damn y'all need to keep up" K-Ci waved us off.

"What exactly is this so called, 'Hoe Is Life' mumbo-jumbo you spitting, K?" I asked, intrigued of what stupid shit he could possibly muster out his mouth this time for me to laugh at or question the use of his brain cells.

"Hoe Is Life, It's pretty much being a hoeing ass nigga, shit if a bitch wanna throw you sum pussy, you betta catch that shit, hell they wanna nigga to come inside and do something freaky, they betta return the favor and give me what I want and more, ya see" K laughed as Dalvin dapped him up and I just shook my head at the both of them.

"Y'all are something else, talking about Hoe Is Life, man whatever" I chuckled as my cheeks started to hurt from smiling as my shoulders bounced up and down.