CHAPTER SEVENTY-SEVEN

NAOMI

"Dominic, I'm breaking up with you. It's not you-it's me" I muttered under my breath as I tried to desperately practice what I was in a dire need to say to Dominic ever since the prolonging grievance between DeVante and him.

I watched as K-Ci waited nervously for the new update of DeVante's well being due to him driving non-stop without any sleep once so ever as bags were dazzled under his big brown bambi eyes as he start to twiddle with his thumbs.

As for me, K-Ci pratically kidnapped me and strapped me into the car with him even after all the protest I did when he told me that DeVante's heartbeat was diminishing quickly and they had deem him to be on his death bed which honestly freaked me out to say the least.

Honestly, I never thought that after all the shit we said to one another that even DeVante would be close to meeting death and how he still had this huge effect on my aching heart.

Maybe I was still in love with him but I still refuse to even accept it after all the fights that started and mainly because he didn't realize I was the only girl that was truly for him and only him.

Due to the sudden rejection of professing my love to K-Ci and him bascially telling me to pursue DeVante instead was sort of a sharp prick to my heart as my emotions got the overall best of me as I found myself crying just having him on my mind only at this point of time.

I basically left Dominic at the hotel and ever since then he has been blowing my phone and my pager up but I didn't really have the time to call or page him back due to me being worried about DeVante.

At first I thought we were meant to be but I now realize that everything that glitters ain't gold and so far Dominic's overzealous behavior over K-Ci being a good friend and DeVante on multiple occasions prove my theory to be sadly correct which is why I have to let him go once we go back to school at the garden so I can do it privately without anybody being all in the mixーwell maybe K-Ci with his damn bat that he has in the backseat of his car.

I didn't even realize K-Ci got up as he followed behind the nurse and I got up also as I tried to catch up to the both of them so I wouldn't be left in the wind as they soon came to a halting stop as
K-Ci catches me before I fell face first onto the tile floor.

"DeVante, you have some visitors" The thick accent of the nurse sung as she lets us in as she closed the door behind as I watched him laugh at Dalvin as they played Uno.

"What's up De, how you feeling...uhh" K-Ci tried to formulate his words right as he walks up beside Dalvin as DeVante just simply chuckles at him.

"Look, K there's no need to say all that. I'm fine just took way to many pills, ya know" He explained as he was laughing like his entire life wasn't on the line and he wasn't put on life support.

"Yeah, umーI brought a special somebody with me" K-Ci spoke as he walks over to me and grabs my hand as I unconsciously let him do so as they interwined with his larger one.