CHAPTER NINETY-SEVEN

NAOMI

"So what now?" I inquired to Roxie as she just sat there and was looking elsewhere for no particular reason at all.

"What now for what?" Roxie soon turned her head towards me as she soon stops chewing on her bottom lip that I may add that was going on for twenty minutes now since we have been sitting here.

"I mean are you still going to the Winter's Ballーthe dance is next week on Friday and starting at seven o'clock" I reminded her as Roxie just sits there with a blank stare that was inducing me into utter chaos of not knowing what she could be thinking right about now.

Maybe I shouldn't have asked her that since she is still shaken up about Dalvin's unexpected proposal he did towards her just last week at the mall as we were sitting down at the bench inside of it excluding Lola since she had to run errands with her mom today and already chose a dress that resembles the deep mocha colored that complimented against her very own mocha complexion that swirled a person into her sweet web.

"Yeah, well actually check this outー" Roxie says hesitantly as she reached into her jacket pocket and pulled out a thick envelope as she handed it to me as I slowly grabbed it as I eyed it and soon glance back up at her.

"What is thー" I questioned as I looked back up at her again as Roxie shrugged her shoulders and gestured for me to go on and open the sealed letter as it had her name written in bold italicizing letters that were very appealing to the eye, whoever wrote her name had some pretty ass handwriting that's for sure.

"You sure you want me to open this, I mean it is your letter after allー"

"Naomi, I'm fine just open it up for me" She persuaded as I then signed heavily and oblige as I ripped the sealing of the letter off as my eyes grew wide at what I was witnessing right now.

"Roxieーthis is like over a thousand bucksーwho sent you this?!" I whispered sharply to her.

"DalvinーK-Ci gave it to me and told me it was from Dalvin and that it was money for my dress, pedicures, manicures, hair, shoes and makeup" Roxie shyly spoke which was definitely a first for Roxie and damn Dalvin racking in bucks like this.

"Good lord Roxieーyou must be giving him that bomb punani if this nigga giving you over a thousand bucksーshit Dalvin needs to pay my billsーwell my Aunt's bills" I told her as a laugh rippled through me as my whole body vibrated but soon stopped once I saw Roxie with a frown upon her face.

"What's wrong with you?" I inquired to Roxie as she signs heavily as her gaze is set fully towards me.

"The money, NaomiーI mean where did Dalvin get this from and why would he even give me this anyway?" Roxie flabbergasts as her words started to come out all at once.

"Roxie, slow down and I told you beforeーyou got that boy hypnotize by that bomb kitty cat. I wonder what will happen if I do that to DeVante?" I shurgged my shoulders as a goofy grin appeared on my face and a horrified one ' how is he going to fit that creature inside of me '.