CHAPTER THREE

NAOMI

"Lola, how does Naomi Allison Degrate or DeVante Donald Earle Kingly Jr. sound to you?" I asked her as I thought of being Mrs. Degrate.

"Ummm Lola, what are you doing?" I asked as I got even closer to her as I seen her drawing something up in her notebook.

She then jumped and soon grabbed her notebook and turned her back hiding it from me.

"Girl, quit playing and let me see" I told her as I tried to reach for it and she shook her head as she curled her lips up at me.

I soon got up and walked over to her and before she could move out the way, I laid all my weight on her as I tried to get the notebook and see.

"Give it to me!" I squealed out.

"Cat fight, meow hiss hisssssss" I heard a boy yelled in the gym.

"Go fuck yourself" I yelled out as I struggled to get the notebook from her.

"You will never get it!" She yelled out as she tried to wiggle away from me, I soon reached up and tickled her arm as she started laughing and ultimately let her guard down.

Taking this as a given opportunity, I quickly got the notebook as I opened it back up and flipped through the pages until I came upon the one I saw a glimpse of.

"Oh my god, Lola this is..." I trailed on in utter disbelief.

"I know it's embarrassing, you don't have to tell me that, Naomi" She told me as she tried to take the notebook but I placed her hand back down with my left hand.

"No it's one of your best drawings, it's magnificent and so accurate" I acknowledged her astonishing drawing she did.

"But Lola...I do have a question for you" I told her and she nodded her head up and down signaling me to go on with it.

"Yes, ask away" She coaxed me.

"Do you like Jojo?" I asked as my eyes adverted back to the drawing she did of him in her notebook, this was honestly one of her best works ever.

"Why would you say that, he was just my muse for the drawing, that doesn't mean I like the boy, girlllll whatttt?" She says in a high pitch voice, mmmhmm yeah right like I am going to believe that.

"Oh he was just your muse, huh?" I spoke as I flickered my eyes back up at her.

"Yeah a muse, I mean his aura spoke to me" She tried to convince me.

"Girl, you could of drew anybody up in this school but you chose Jojo, don't give me that he was my muse crap, you like him and it ain't nothing wrong with that, cause you really don't draw somebody especially a boy foreal unless you like them or him, I mean we been best friends for five years now, I practically know you like the back of my hand" I told her.