CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

DEVANTE

"Fuck, do my eye look bad?" I groaned as I touch my swollen eye as it was still aching from the fight between K-Ci and I.

"Aye Dalvin, I know you hear me!" I soon snatched the walkman out his hand and his headphones along with it as I threw it across the nearest wall.

"Man, what the fuck you want?!" Dalvin yelled at me as I cut my eyes at him.

"Muthafucka I asked you-did my eye look bad to you and you over here ain't listening to me!" I bellowed.

"What you want me to say De? It looks alright because it sure doesn't, K-Ci whooped yo ass and that's all to it" Dalvin laughed when he was suppose to have my back not K-Ci's.

"Look, I didn't get my ass beat if anything I was the one that held back so I wouldn't knock his goofy ass out and shit, you know what I'm saying" I kissed my teeth playfully.

"NaH NiGgA i DoN'T kNoW WhAt yOu SaYiNg" Dalvin mocked me as he waved me off.

"You still friends with that bitch made nigga?" I inquired.

"Who you talking about?" Dalvin asked confused.

"K-Ci, who else could I be talking about other than him" I spoke with attitude laced in my tone.

"De, why you calling him a bitch made nigga for if anything you a bitch" Dalvin bluntly spoke as I felt hit and caught off guard by his words as I placed my hand on my chest and cocked my head to the right feeling offended.

"Did you just call me a bitch?" I asked in a high pitch tone.

"Yes-I called you a bitch and you have been acting like one for the past few days like that to poor Naomi, I mean it was already bad enough she found out about you and Alicia but you saying all that fuck shit is the icing to the muthafucking cake of you being a bitch towards her and shit, K is right you are so in love with her that you will do anything to deny you have feelings for her but see you got caught red-handed when K told your stupid ass off about how you was treating her and so you decided to start that shit with him yesterday to dismiss any more reading he was going to give your ass, and don't even think about trying to punch me son and that's on the real we might be brothers but I will put this nine to your skull" Dalvin spoke with emotion as his vein popped out his neck as I just stood there just looking at him.

"So you're still friends with that traitor is what I hear from your excessive spitting, Dal" I wiped the spit he put on me off.

"Ugh, I swear momma must of dropped you a few times when you was a baby or something like how the fuck do you function with that brain of yours? How is K-Ci a fucking traitor ain't nobody betrayed you if anything you stabbed K-Ci in the fucking back by fighting him for no apparent reason at all and you knew it too, so don't try to twist everything around and seem like everybody else is at fault and you ain't De-cause it ain't finna work my nigga" Dalvin shook his head at me.

"He is a traitor when he decided to defend her when her ass was throwing slick shots at me like she ain't know who the fuck I am, bitch I'm DEVANTE!" I shouted in Dalvin's face.

"Nigga, please you jealous that's why you attacked K because you felt threatened by Naomi and K-Ci's friendship, it's written all over yo face-no matter how much you try to disguise it" Dalvin laughed.

"Don't you got something better to do than try to ridicule me with your absurd accusations" I stated.

"Yeah and I do thanks for reminding me" Dalvin told me as he soon grabbed his jacket, pager, and keys to his car off the couch as he walked towards the door and opened it whilst going out of it as he soon closed it shut while I lazily flopped on the couch.

"Hard times, huh?" A voice says out of nowhere and I soon saw Dominic from upstairs as his hair was now in a little afro as his twists weren't there anymore.

"Nigga, what you happened to your hair out here looking like one of the Jackson Five and shit" I joked as he rolled his eyes at me as he came across and soon sat in the recliner as he let it back.

"Muathfucka, I know you ain't joking all 3,000 teeth all up in my mouth, got your mouth looking like Mr. Ed and shit" Dominic extended his forearm and hand out as it was directed towards me.

"Nah, but forreal why you undid your twists and shit?" I inquired.

"I honestly got tired of them and wanted to know how much my shit done grew-so I took them down earlier and this is what we have here up on my head" He pointed at his hair as I nodded my head up and down.

"Hey, ain't nothing with a change once in a while or so" I pointed towards my nose ring.

"Yeah-but hey have you talked to Naomi, I just kind of been busy with basketball and everything that I ain't really -ya know find the time to talk to her" Dominic asked me.

"I don't talk to her but you can ask
K-Ci since he is her quote on quote 'best friend' and whatnot" I put emphasis on best friend as Dominic holds a questionable look upon his face.

"Best friends, huh?" Dominic smacked his lips.

"You can say something like that, whatever floats your boat" I chuckled as a new episode of The Cobsy Show came on.

______________________
WHAT Y'ALL THINK
ABOUT THIS CHAPTER?

DEVANTE?

DALVIN?

DOMINIC?

DALVIN TELLING DEVANTE
OFF ONCE AGAIN?

IS DEVANTE JEALOUS OF NAOMI AND K-CI'S FRIENDSHIP?

DEVANTE STARTING UP
SOME SHIT BETWEEN
DOMINIC & K-CI?