CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE

NAOMI

"Um...K-Ciーknockie knockie" I gulped nervously as my knuckles crash against K-Ci's room door as I tried to coax him to open up the door considering Jojo paged me telling me he stayed in his room all day and didn't even bothered to come to school.

"K-Ci, come onーplease open up the door" Jojo knocked on the door alongside me as we both signed heavily at the same time as I started to become worried about him and what he could possibly be doing behind that closed door.

"K-Ci, open the door!" I started to knock even harder as my hands start to become very clammy as my heart pounded with nervousness and anxiousness of whether he would open the door or not.

"He still hasn't open the door yet?" I heard a familiar masculine voice inquired as I saw Dalvin come up beside Jojo.

"Nah, Naomi and I are trying to persuade him to come out but he won't budgeーI mean he hasn't even got up for school or nothing" Jojo informed Dalvin who had concern written all over his face.

"Was he like this the other day?" I inquired to Jojo and Dalvin.

"I mean he was acting very normal yesterday" Dalvin frowned as he shurgged his shoulders.

"Wait a minuteー" Jojo snapped his fingers and looked my way.

"Like after he came home from going over to Vanessa's house and to discuss about their baby, he was very quiet and didn't even eat or did anything else but went up to his room with a paper bag with something in it and locked the door and that's about it" Jojo told me as Dalvin and I listened.

"Maybe something happened over there due to the reason he hasn't came out his room after all this time, guys" I spoke up.

"I hope notーHe just didn't seem like K-Ci yesterdayーWhatever it isーIt probably fucked his mind up-I just want him to be okay" Jojo signed as he ran his palm over his face.

"We can't give up, guys" I told them as they both nodded their heads up and down in agreement to my statement.

I balled up my fist one last time as I banged it once again upon the beige door as I heard a bunch of shuffling as I eyed Jojo and Dalvin as they eyed me back with curiosity reigning over them both.

Hearing a door knob rattling, I looked down and saw the door opening up slightly as I soon saw a hand reached out to me as it grabbed me so suddenly as I was now in the dimmed room as I heard the door being locked back and Jojo and Dalvin's muffled voices behind the door as they continued to bang on it as Sad Tomorrows by Marvin Gaye was playing lightly upon the boombox on K-Ci's nightstand as I noticed a figure covered up in covers as I knew it was him.

"K-Ci, come on pleaseーget up" I walked over to his bed as I pulled the covers back as he groaned loudly as I soon went over to his curtains and opened them up as the room becomes brighter by the radiance of the sun shining through as I heard him hiss like a cat as he gets up and walks over to the curtains pulling them back closed as him and I fought over keeping it closed and opened.