CHAPTER NINETY-TWO

DEVANTE

"Dal, you okayーdamn!" My hands clamp over my mouth as my eyes were wide as saucers as Dalvin turned his head towards me as his left eyes was blood shot red symbolizing that a blood vessel in it has bust or either it was scratched as his bottom lip was swollen and split.

"Did Roxie do this to you?" I inquired as he just simply nodded and slowly but surely put his hood back over his head as he reached for a bottle of water at the table we were occupying at the time inside the cafeteria and honestly it felt weird due to K-Ci and Jojo not being here today due to one of them having a doctor's appointment and the other missed school also which Dalvin and I do on some occasions but not all the time.

"HelloーDalvin I'm talking to you?" I reached across the table and tapped his hand as he slapped it away and looked up at me as his eyes seemed to be in a dead like trance of some sort, the breakup between Roxie and him has definitely took its toll upon him but I didn't expect it to be like this due to the constant bags under his eyes and the tired state he stays in along with barely speaking to anybody at all.

"Dalvin, please just talk to meーcome on talk to me" I coaxed him but he just continued to stare at me as he soon snapped his head towards the sound of feminine laughter as my eyes peered over to where he was directly looking at.

Naomi and Lola were walking in as I finally spotted that he was looking at Roxie who was also looking like she was hell on earth as Naomi and Lola talk freely with one another as she was hot on their trail as her eyebrows were tightly knitted together.

"Have you talked to Mariaーlike during y'all relationship, Dal?" I spoke referring to Dalvin and Roxie as a couple.

Dalvin looked away from Roxie as he directed his attention back over to me and looked at me like I had another head growing out the side of my neck.

"De, I haven't talked to that girl in so long and shitーI will admit I did spot her at the party and I was trying to ease my way out of her bringing the both of us up and all the times we spent with eachother which was utter bullshit with her conniving ass, I put my drink down and then I remembered I dropped my pager and broke it so I retrieved it from the floor and then I grabbed my drink and cursed her out because she was talking out the side of her neck about Roxieーdowned my drink and next thing ya know everything went blackーthe bitch drugged me" I listened to Dalvin explain what happened as I did remember him being a little out of himself than usual when I had drove us home that night but I didn't question it too much.

"De, I swear I thought that girl leftーshe has done nothing but hurt me and she hurt me so bad that I started to think other girls were gonna fuck me over like she didーnow that I reevaluated myself and took a chance again at true love with Roxie it seems like no matter what... Maria still has this big strain on my personal shit like relationshipsーI gave that girl, exactly two years of true love but what did I get in return a meaningless relationship that was only based on sex, she didn't love me but she loved what I did for herーI was sitting here looking like a whole fool when you, K, and Jo were just telling me all the scandalous bullshit she was doing behind my back, you remember all those nights I would be staying up awaiting her call but the phone never ranged and never once have I heard her voice, you once asked me why I was such a hoe well you lead by example and more frankly I was tired of girls like Mariaーfix them up before they fix you meaning Imma do what I got to do and honestly it felt good but soon I grew tired and longed for someone I could confide in which led to my beloved Roxie" A lone tear cascade down Dalvin's face as I cringe from the sight of his burst blood vessel eye.

"Your eye is creeping me out" I shuddered as Dalvin just blankly looks at me.

"Eh, well" Dalvin shurgged his shoulders at me, I could tell he was hurting a great deal inside his heart about the whole thing due to him not even saying something smart back to me which was always.

His mind was definitely fucked with this whole thing... even the image of Dalvin crying over Roxie let alone a girl to be exact was so much to give out a notion that he was indeed in love, not even when he was Maria he never once dare shed a tear even after all the times he found out about her going behind his backーRoxie indeed unleashed a whole nother side of him that I never thought existed and right now he was vulnerable, silent, afraid, and didn't know what to do.

I remembered the other day of Naomi telling me that Roxie was moving away from here when winter break rolls around but I was still in the conflict between my brain of whether I was going to unveil this to Dalvin or not.

But what do I say to him about this, I mean I had to drag his big ass out of bed and make him take a damn shower, I mean it's no telling what the fuck he might do or correction might not do... knowing himーhell the nigga might start go crazy and shit and nobody wants that not even himself but either way he will eventually find outーnothing gets pass Dalvin and I mean nothing at all.

Then again if the shit comes out about her moving and I look guilty about the whole thing then Dalvin will be acting all a jack shit crazy on me like I'm plotting against him.

But really deep down inside of my soul I didn't want my own brother to resent me over thatーRoxie should just tell him but that might add more fuel to the fire and everything is just going to be more unstable between them and they might end up saying some fucked up shit to each other, ugh why am I thinking so hard about this?

Keeping this shit under wraps is going to be extremely hard and Naomi knew damn well that I don't work well under pressure and I might spill a little too much if people start to make me the center of attention.

' Just keep your mouth close, De '
Yeah it's gonna take some damn duct-tape to my fucking mouth to keep me from being pressure and accidently spilling the shit to Dalvin.

"She should of never told me this" I breathed out from my voluminous thoughts as I heard a deep and raspy
' what ' as I jumped up from the voice and looked all around me as my ears soon caught onto somebody clearing their thoart and fingers snapping as I turned my head and saw Dalvin looking at me with a concern.

"What's wrong with you" I almost forgot Dalvin had a slight cold and lately his voice had been going from his normal octave to almost identical as my very own which freaked me out a few times.

"NーNothing at all, say you gonna eat that?" I questioned ad I pointed at Dalvin's untouched apple as he shook his head ' no ' and handed me the fruit.

Who knew keeping a damn secret was this hard, hell I almost spewed it out of my mouth by fucking around and over thinking this whole thingNaomi should've never told me about this.

_____________________
WHAT Y'ALL THINK
ABOUT THIS CHAPTER?

DEVANTE?

DALVIN?

MORE 2 COME.