CHAPTER TWENTY

DEVANTE

"Man I need to cut my hair and get this blonde out, it's hella played out now on me" I looked in the mirror I was holding up to look at my face.

"Yeah it is played out though" Dalvin said as he hogged up all the popcorn as his feet were a few inches away from K-Ci while he was asleep and laid stretch out on the floor with a lollipop stuck to the side of his face.

Jojo on the other hand was way to busy enjoying the horror movie marathon we were watching right now.

"I might get a piercing, I'm tired of looking like the little boy from back in the day, I wanna get some tattoos but that maybe later on, ya hear me Dal?" I told Dalvin as I soon felt Dalvin staring a hole at the side of my face.

"You alright or something?" I asked him as Dalvin soon stopped staring at me and shook his head.

"Nigga what makes you think Dad gonna let yo stupid ass go and get a piercing let alone some tattoos, you already know he was against us getting our ears pierced when we were little but gave in because Nana begged him and you Dad can't say no to our Nana" Dalvin stated a matter-of-factly.

"Man, he ain't gonna never know about the piercing if I just take it out when he is around me but bam..." I snapped my fingers in front of Dalvin face as he knocked my whole hand out the way.

"When he is not around, I pop that fucker back in like it's nothing" I smiled.

"Mhmm, so whatcha gonna do about getting some ink on yo skin?" Dalvin asked.

"I'll get that done after graduation besides after that I don't have to be under dictator rule anymore, I'll be a free man" I chuckled as Dalvin kissed his teeth obviously mad over the fact he is stuck in the house with our mother and overbearing father for another year while I will be able to be anything I want and not be a Reverend just like my father.

"Yeah you gonna go and I will be left here by my lonesome" Dalvin spoke lowly as he looked down into his lap as his face was expressionless as I couldn't read him but I felt his sadness.

"Come here little nigga" I told him as I engulf him into a hug as Dalvin tried to squirm but soon gave up as his upper lip curled up in an unpleasant fashion as he stares up at me.

"I love you Dalvinnnnnn" I whispered to him.

"De, stop being creepy...I feel highly uncomfortable" Dalvin squeaked out with his high pitch voice.

"You know you love me, witcha big ass forehead" I lifted my left arm and slightly gave him noogie as he wiggled away from me breaking loose.

"Aye De, Jojo wanna do something hella funny" Dalvin asked us abruptly as he got up from the couch while Jojo finally advert his eyes away from the television as him and I gave all our undivided attention to Dalvin.