CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX

DEVANTE

"So, K have you talked to Naomi yet?" I asked him as K-Ci was trying to finish up some classwork he missed from being in the hospital last month.

"De, how many times have you been asking me that?" K-Ci exhaled sharply as he sat his notebook and pencil down and he popped his knuckles and neck.

"Um-I lost count but I do know this, it was a lot" I told him.

"Exactly, now I want you to do me a favor..." K-Ci dragged on.

"What's the favor?" I asked.

"The favor is that you need to leave me the hell alone about Naomi, look here's her number, call her or something because it is very crucial for me to get this work done before Mr. Clarkson put a zero in the grade book for me" K-Ci ripped off a sheet of paper out his notebook as he scribbled something down and handed it to me as I accepted it.

I looked down at the paper and saw the seven digits of Naomi's number as a smile crept up upon my lips as I got excited and grabbed my Motorola Micro TAC as I flipped it up and pulled up the small antenna for it as I pressed in her numbers as I waited for it to dial it up as I suddenly had it pressed up against my ear to hear her voice.

"Hello?" Her sweet voice ranged out into my ear as I froze and couldn't even muster up anything to say to her at all.

I started to breath upon the phone as I heard her kissed her teeth on the other end of the line.

"Look whoever this is-don't be calling my line and shit breathing like you finna give birth to a damn elephant, don't play over the phone my nigga!" Naomi yelled as I continued to awkwardly breath until I heard a familiar masculine voice as my ears perked up suddenly to the vocals of the male as I soon recognize it to be Dominic's on the other end of it as Naomi giggled as a loud smack was evident in the background following by some more giggling as I felt my anger boiling up inside me.

That should be me making her giggle like that, I should be the one with her-not him, it's just not fucking fair at all.

I didn't even realize K-Ci took the phone out my hand as he was yapping his mouth off to Naomi as he started cackling like a maniacal mad scientist.

"But, nah that was me playing over the phone like that Mo, well I let yo-nah I didn't want anything bestie just being ole K-Ci ya know, yea-but hey you and Dominic better use some condoms ya, little nasties" K-Ci cackled.

"Uh-huh well see ya later, I love you big head little girl!" K-Ci soon hung up as he suddenly whacked me over the head with my phone as I winced and looked up at him from my sitting poistion upon my couch.