No Goodbyes

Emma and Regina had been dating for a little over two years, they were happy and they were in love. Sometimes though, the feelings can just fade away...Especially after fighting and the constantly distancing themselves from eachother.

Emma had decided that enough was enough. Enough pretending that everything was okay and enough pretending that they still wanted to be with eachother. She knew that Regina felt the same. They weren't good for eachother, just because you're happy with someone and love them doesn't mean they're the right one for you.

They sat down facing eachother, both of them not knowing how to say what they wanted to say.

"Gotta get straight to it, like ripping off a band aid." Emma began before letting out a deep breath. "We should break up."

Even though it hurt Regina, she nodded her head in agreement. "I agree."

"I still love you as a friend but things haven't been working for us in a relationship...We were happy at the start, just like everyone else but it's slowly gone downhill. We ended up at the bottom with no way of getting back to the top."

Regina nodded her head. "I will always care for you, Emma. I will always be here for you."

"But maybe it's best we stay away from eachother for a while. Get used to it all. Let everything sink in."

Maybe one day I can see you
We can smile and wave
And it'll be okay

"It still hurts. Even though the feelings are gone, I still feel some pain in my heart." Regina said, her voice breaking slightly.

"It hurts me too." Emma admitted as tears filled her eyes. "But one day, we will be okay. Everything will be okay."

Maybe one day it'll be cool
We could just be friends
Without the complications that it brings
When we start saying things

"Maybe we shouldn't be friends."

"Why'd you say that?" Emma asked getting even more hurt.

"It's going to be so awkward and so werid. We can't say certain things to eachother without bringing up memories of us dating. What if our feelings come back? We can't act on them because we're not good together."

"One day. We will be fine and this will be forgotten about."

"I can't just forget you and forget this. Emma, you're the first person I fell in love with. You were my first time."

Emma sighed and held her head in her hands, not knowing what to say. Regina did the same, both of them just crying silently in fustration and hurt.

Yeah, I hurt you, and you hurt me
Yeah, we did some things that we can never take back

"None of this would have happend if you hadn't of slept with Lily." Regina said angrily.

Emma quickly looked up and narrowed her eyes at Regina. "Don't bring that up. You know I regret it."

"Well it's true! We haven't been the same since then. The trust was completely gone then and it wasn't going to come back. I was stupid to give you another chance."

"You wanna talk about the mistakes we made? Okay." Emma snapped. "You never put me first. I planned little romantic things and you threw them back in my face because you would rather go out with your friends but God forbid I wanted to go out or meet new people. You would threaten me, say you would leave if I started talking to other girls because of how it made YOU feel. You're selfish. You don't care about me, only yourself. I hate how I loved you because all you did was control me and make me feel second best when I made you feel number one all the time. I regret sleeping with Lily but I wish I didn't because in that moment she made me more happy than you ever did."

They had both stood up by now and they were in eachothers face, anger evident in both of their faces.

And we tried hard just to fix it
But we broke it more
And so I guess some things are not meant to last
Is it too much to ask

"I tried to change." Regina replied as calm as she could.

"But you didn't did you? When I called you out on your bullshit you made it look like everything was my fault and I believed you. I blamed myself when it was all your fault. You made yourself the victim. God, it's no wonder your friends hate me when you sprout bullshit about me when it was actually you."

For tonight
Let's love like there's no goodbyes
(No goodbyes)
Just for tonight
Pretend that it's all alright
(All alright)
Why don't we hold each other
Use each other, whisper pretty lies
Just for tonight
Let's love like there's no goodbyes
(No goodbyes)
No goodbyes
No goodbyes
No goodbyes, eh

Regina roughly grabbed Emma's face and kissed her hard. Pulling away, breathing heavily as she rested her forhead on the blondes. "We've established we're over and we're not going to be friends and I hate that. We used to be so close and now look at us. I know you hate me but for tonight...Make love to me one last time."

"I don't love you though."

"Just..Take your anger out on my body. Use me. Lie and tell me you love me. Just for tonight, let's pretend that it's alright...One last time. Please?"

"As you wish...My Queen."

Regina let out a small growl before kissing Emma again.

This was their last night together before they both went their seperate ways. Maybe one day in the future when they both grew up a little they would give it another go, but for tonight they were loving eachother like there was no goodbyes.

A/N: For my Puddin' EvilRegal10lp!