What About Now

As she stared into the mirror in front of her, memories flooded back to her. Regina closed her eyes as a single tear escaped from one of her brown eyes.

"You look beautiful Regina." Her sister beamed as she curled her hair.

She ignored the compliment, she didn't want to be here. She didn't want the stupid make up on, she didn't want her hair styled but more importantly, she didn't want the stupid dress on.

"Come on Gina, cheer up. It's your wedding day."

"I know."

"So why do you look sad? You should be happy."

Regina sighed and smiled fakely, looking at Zelena through the mirror. "I am happy, I'm just a little nervous too." She lied.

She was far from happy. She didn't want to marry the man that was waiting for her. She wanted to marry the woman she had loved since they were teenagers, she never stopped loving the girl but she stopped loving her.

"May I be please be alone? I just want to take this all in."

"I'll come back in fifteen minutes." Zelena said, her voice full of authority before she walked out of Regina's dressing room.

Once her sister had gone, Regina began to sob. She didn't care that her make up had began to run. She didn't care about anything. Her heart hurt, it longed to be with a certain blonde but she ruined all of it.

"Your sister will kill you." A voice chuckled behind her.

Regina turned around, her eyes filling up with more tears as she saw the person she wanted to marry.

"Emma." Regina said softly.

"You really think I'd miss this? Your wedding?" Emma laughed. "You look beautiful." She said as she walked forward.

Regina stood up, not caring she looked a mess. She wrapped her arms around the girl she loved, loving the feeling of her warm embrace.

"I..I can't do it."

"Can't do what?" Emma asked confused.

What about now?
What about today?

Regina didn't care that in about twenty minutes she would be getting married. She didn't want to, this was her last chance. Wether Emma felt the same way or not...She had to get her feelings off of her chest.

"I can't marry Robin." Regina finally said out loud. She smiled proudly, it felt like a weight had been lifted but there was still something holding her down.

"What? Why? Are you having an affair? Is he hurting you? What the hell?" Emma asked quickly, confused.

What if you're making me all that I was meant to be?

"No." Regina shook her head. "But I do have feelings for someone else. Strong, strong feelings."

"Oh Gina." Emma sighed. "Who is he?"

"She."

"I'm sorry?"

"She. I'm in love with a woman." Regina smiled. "She, makes me feel like I can be whoever I want and I feel strong around her...Atleast I used to before I ruined everything."

"What do you mean you ruined everything?" Emma narrowed her eyes. "Who are you in love with?"

Regina swallowed hard, her heart began to beat at a faster pace as she looked into the warm, green eyes she loved so much.

"You."

"Me? But, you haven't ruined anything between us. We're still friends." Emma smiled assuringly.

What if our love never went away?

Regina shook her head as tears filled her eyes again. "You don't understand. You don't love me anymore. You don't have feelings for me. You're not even a believer anymore. I made a mistake and I payed for it."

"What are you talking about?"

Regina crossed her arms and digged her nails into her skin, something she did when she was scared, nervous or sad.

"We're under a curse."

"A curse?" Emma asked raising an eyebrow. "Are you on drugs?"

"No." She sighed. "You were protecting me from Mother Gothel."

"The witch from Tangled?" Emma asked crossing her arms. "Right, okay then."

"You ran in front of me as she was about to stab me with the sword. You were gonna die and the only way to save you was with a curse but it made you forget me and forget your feelings and you've lost all your belief so we can't try true loves kiss. I'm wishing I tried that first because maybe this would be our wedding and not me marrying Robin Hood."

"Yeah you're on drugs." Emma said shaking her head. "This is just crazy."

Emma turned around and was about to walk out of the door when she felt Regina grab her wrist and pull her back.

What if it's lost behind words we could never find?

"Look me in the eye and tell me you don't feel something for me." Regina said trying to stop the tears.

Emma tilted her head the side, trying to think of a lie but it was no use. For as long as she could remember she felt something for her but she didn't know why. She had never felt this way about women before.

"I don't know if its love but I do feel something." Emma admitted.

Regina let out a sigh of relief but Emma quickly cut off her happiness.

"But what difference does it make? You're getting married and I can't stop that."

"Yes you can." Regina smiled. "We have to break the curse."

Baby, before it's too late,

"Regina? It's time, are you ready?" Zelena spoke through the door.

Just as she was about to open it, Regina quickly lunged forward and shut and locked it.

She ignoreds the shouting and banging as she took Emma's hands.

"Let go of any doubt in your mind. Just trust me and believe me when I say this is a curse and we can break it."

"How do we break the curse?" Emma said as if almost whining.

"True loves kiss. The most powerful magic of all." She replied with a soft smile.

Emma shook her head but before she could argue, Regina had gently captured her lips and as they kissed, memories came flooding back.

When she first came to Storybrooke. Henry. Curses. Being The Dark One. Hope. Henry marrying Cinderella and having a daughter. Being seperated from her family but reuniting...Saving Regina...Again.

The banging and shouting stopped, murmurs of confusion and realisation could be heard outside.

"So that's how I got the scar on my stomach." Emma said pulling away.

"Emma?" Regina whispered.

"Hi." Emma replied.

What about now?

A/N: This was all over the place and rushed. Apologies EvilRegal10lp. But I hoped you liked it!

I'm gonna be even slower with updating because....

I HAVE A NEW PUPPY!

And she's a handful and taking up most of my time and I'm so so so sorry but I will try and get one shots out whenever I can!

Thank you for reading and voting!