Rewrite The Stars

From the moment Emma had entered this town and she met Regina, she felt a spark and that spark grew and grew until she fell in love.

But it wasn't meant to be as she began to date Killian and Regina began to date Robin, both scared of the judgement. Especially from Emma's parents, but when Killian proposed to Emma she knew then, that this wasn't what she wanted. Wasn't scared anymore and so she went to the place where it all began.

Regina opened the door to see Emma stood there, breathing hard. "We need to talk."

Regina stepped aside, allowing Emma inside her home. Emma walked straight into the living room and looked around.

"Is Robin here?"

"No, he took Roland fishing. What's the matter?" Regina asked concerned.

Emma turned around to face Regina. "Killian proposed."

Regina's face dropped but she tried to fake a smile. "Oh, congratulations."

"I said no because I don't want him. I don't love him. I love you."

Regina's heart skipped a beat but she was too scared to admit her feelings. "Don't be stupid now Miss Swan."

"You know I want you. It's not a secret I try to hide." Emma said taking a few steps towards Regina. "I know you want me."

Regina wanted to move her head, she wanted to say no but she couldn't. "Maybe I do, maybe I don't. Either way nothing can happen between us. I'm with Robin and sure, your parents might not hate me but they certainly won't allow us to be together. It's life. It's fate. It happens, if somethings meant to be then it will be, Miss Swan."

"But you're here in my heart." Emma smiled gently pulling Regina's hand to her heart. "You have been for so long. Since the moment I saw you. You wanna talk about fate and being meant to be? Fuck my parents, fuck everyone else. Who can stop me if I decide, that you're my destiny? What if we rewrite the stars? Say you were made to be mine? Nothing could keep us apart, you'd be the one I was meant to find." Emma cupped Regina's cheeks, she smiled as she watched Regina melt into her touch. "It's up to you and it's up to me. No one can say what we get to be."

Regina soon snapped out of the trance Emma had put her in and pushed her away. "You think it's easy? You think I don't wanna run to you? But there are mountains and there are doors that we can't walk through."

Emma looked at Regina, a puzzled look on her face. Behind closed doors, Emma and Regina had a close relationship, they were best friends so why wouldn't Regina show that affection in public but together in a relationship?

"I know you're wondering why, because we're able to be just you and me within these walls, but when we go outside you're going to wake up and see that it was hopeless after all." Regina turned her back, not wanting Emma to see her cry. "No one can rewrite the stars, how can you say you'll be mine? Everything keeps us apart, and I'm not the one you were meant to find. It's not up to you, it's not up to me, when everyone tells us what we can be."

"But that's just it Regina." Emma said with a smile. "They can't. Only we can choose to write our own story. Only we can choose to rewrite the stars and put our love out there."

"It feels impossible." Regina sighed.

"It's not impossible." Emma replied quickly.

"Is it impossible?" Regina asked herself.

"Say that it's possible." Emma begged.

Regina gave Emma a small smile. "It's possible."

Emma smiled but it soon disappeared as Regina continued to speak. "But even though that you know I want you and it's not secret I try to hide, I can't have you, we're bound to break and my hands are tied."

"No. That's not an answer. It's not an option. You are scared of what people will think or say. Scared they'll judge you because you have been judged your entire life but so have I. We can be judged together. You want me, I want you. Let's make it a reality. I waited too long and I missed my chance but I'm rewriting the stars and taking that chance back." Emma held her hand out to Regina. "Will you take the chance with me?"

Regina looked at Emma for a few moments before she slowly placed her hand on top of Emma's.

"Yes."

A/N: For the one, the only. The incredible EvilRegal10lp! Hope you liked it!

Thanks for reading and voting everyone!