Happy New Year!

For the first time in a long time, Emma woke up happy. She woke up feeling refreshed. She woke up feeling like she had the entire world...Because she did.

Emma held Regina tightly in her arms as she thought back to the previous night. They had gotten married.

It wasn't even planned, they had been engaged for a while and they decided on the day that they would get married on New Year's Eve. They even planned that when they kissed it would be at the same time the clock striked twelve.

The perks of having a Mother that can legally wed people was taken advantage of last night.

The perks of having a friend that runs their own bar was taken advantage of.

Nobody minded it was last minute though, they were just happy that the two women had finally decided to marry, it did after all take them all these years to even date.

Emma shook her head slightly, she went through an unhappy relationship all because she was scared that Regina didn't feel the same. Then Regina dated someone because she thought Emma didn't feel the same.

It wasn't until Killian and Robin locked them both in a room together. They told the two women that if they didn't tell eachother how they felt then they wouldn't be let out.

Sure, it hurt them both because they did have feelings for their chosen women..But they just wanted them to be happy and it wasn't with them. They would be the most happy with eachother.

Emma smirked as she thought about it. It started as a fight, ended with passionate love making...Which Robin and Killian literally ran away from. They did not want to hear that.

"What are you thinking about?" Regina's tired voice spoke.

"Just thinking about last night...How it took so long to get here. It didn't have to be this long."

Regina sat up slightly in Emma's arms. "It doesn't matter now. We can enjoy the time we have together now."

"I wish we could've had longer." Emma replied sadly.

"You're talking as if we're going to die tomorrow." Regina chuckled. "I promise you, I won't let anything happen to you and I promise nothing will happen to me. We're going to be together for the rest of our lives."

"You're so sweet....Why couldn't you always have been like this?" Emma joked.

"I kinda thought you were attracted to me more when I was being a little bitch...Then you and Killian happend so I thought maybe it put you off so I decided to just be me."

"No. I was just attracted to you. I still am. I was just too blind to see that, that was you kind of flirting with me?"

"Correct, that was me attempting to flirt. Who knew that just being yourself is the way to go to getting who you like." Regina rolled her eyes.

"Let's just focus on us now? Our new life as wives starting in the new year."

Regina nodded her head and pressed her lips against Emma's. "Happy new year Mrs Swan-Mills."

Emma cupped Regina's face, kissing her lips gently. "Happy new year Mrs Swan-Mills. I love you."

A/N: Happy new year everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic 2018, here's to a great 2019!