The One That Got Away Part Two

Regina reached her empty home and went straight to her bedroom. It was times like these she wished her sister was still around.

She wasn't dead but she would just go away at random times without saying goodbye.

Her Father had left when she was born and her Mother...Well, she didn't cope too well having to raise two children on her own. She turned to drugs and alcohol.

Regina would sometimes get cheques in the mail and it would be from Zelena, giving her money to look after herself.

Regina didn't question where the large sums of money came from. She already knew. Zelena sold drugs or stolen things like TV's or game consoles.

Regina sat on her bed, just staring at the floor, watching the tears as they fell onto her carpet.

She thought she had found happiness but she took too long to grasp it and now it was gone.

She sighed as she looked up. She closed her eyes and squeezed them tightly, trying to stop the tears.

"I'm such an idiot." She whispered to herself.

She jumped slightly as loud and frantic knocking could be heard from her front door.

She got up slowly and made her way downstairs.

The knocking continued.

"Who is it?" She called out.

"It's me."

Regina wiped her eyes quickly before she opened the door slightly to see Emma, with her red leather jacket in her hands.

"Can we talk?"

"Now isn't a good time, Emma."

"Please. If I don't say this now then I never will."

Regina sighed and opened the door wider, stepping to the side to let Emma in.

Emma gave Regina a smile of appreciation as she walked inside.

"So what do you have to sa-"

Regina was cut off by Emma cupping her cheeks gently and capturing her lips in a soft, tender kiss.

Their lips moved in perfect sync, Regina placed her hands on Emma's hips, bringing her closer.

Emma broke the kiss and placed her forhead on the smaller woman's, both of them breathing slightly heavy.

"I love you. I have never felt love before, Regina. I feel it now. I feel it with you. I know you saw Lily and I kiss but it was in that moment I knew, it was you I wanted. I wanted to be kissing you. I'm kinda glad you saw though because the jacket gave me a perfect excuse to come here." Emma laughed slightly.

"Why? It's your jacket..."

"I want you to have it...I also want you...To have me?" Emma paused and took a step back. "That sounded way more cute in my head, saying that out loud, it sounds wrong."

"I know what you meant." Regina laughed. "And I would love to have you."

Emma let out a sigh of relief and wrapped her arms around Regina's waist, just holding her as she stared into her beautiful brown eyes.

"I'm never letting you go. Ever. We'll have our bad times and good times but I will not let you be the one that got away." Emma promised.

"Good." Regina smiled, wrapping her arms around the blonde's neck. "Because I don't want you to the be the one that got away either...I love you."

The two of them smiled as they leaned in for another sweet kiss, they weren't scared anymore, they were happy. They were happy they had gotten eachother but they were also happy because now, they didn't have to say that they were the one that got away.

A/N: For those lovely people who wanted a second part.

Thank you for reading and voting!