Changing The Future

As Regina sat in the kitchen with her son, she talked about the past. When her and her wife were younger. In love and happy...Until they were not.

"She had found a picture of me and a man. He had his arms around me. He was my fiancé but I didn't want him. It was an arranged marriage and when I met your Mother...I fell and I fell hard for her. I wanted to be with her but I forgotten I had that picture. Maybe if I had gotten rid of it...She would never have told me to leave and we would have had more time together." Regina sighed and leaned back in her chair. "I went after her. Of course I did. I chased her all the way to the stables. It wasn't just my safe place, it had become hers too."

"What happend?" Henry asked leaning forward.

"She told me to leave. I refused. I told her who he was but who she was. He was nothing but something arranged by my parents. She was everything to me and more. I didn't love him, I loved her."

"But she didn't believe you did she?"

Regina smiled sadly and nodded her head. "She accused me of using her. Saying that to me, she was only the last bit of freedom I would have before I was married. I loved her so much and I knew me being there was only hurting her so I left. I packed my bags and I went back to New York."

"Did you marry your fiancé?"

"I wasn't with anyone. I didn't get married. I didn't date anyone. I didn't even sleep with anyone. The only person I wanted was your Mother." But Regina smiled, a genuine happy smile. "But if we didn't go through that, then you wouldn't have happend and you are the best thing that happend to her and to me. You're our Little Prince."

"I'm twenty years old Mom." Henry rolled his eyes.

"No matter how old you are, you will always be our Little Prince. I will always love you and I will always love your Mother. We can't change the past, only learn. We can however, change the future and that's what I did when I came back here when you invited me to yours and Jacinda's wedding. I changed my future. I changed our future."

"I'm so glad you did."

Henry and Regina looked up, Emma was stood in the doorway, her arms crossed and a smile on her face. "I regret not believing you. Emotions were high and I wasn't thinking. I'm sorry."

"You've said that for the past two years." Regina laughed as she stood up. "Didn't you realise I had forgiven you when I married you?" She asked wrapping her arms around Emma's waist. "I love you."

"I love you too, I'm just scared you'll regret being with me again. Tha-"

"Don't say, another word." Regina said as she pecked Emma's lips. "I love you. Forget the past. We both messed up but we changed that and now look at us. We're a family."

"A happy family." Henry smiled as he watched his Mom's look at eachother lovingly. "A happy, loving family."