The One That Got Away

Regina and Emma hadn't been friends for long. In fact, they became accidental friends. They only spent time with eachother because they had to work on a project together, but it didn't take long for feelings to develop between them. They could both feel the attraction, but both were too scared and nervous to say anything.

Countless times they had, had moments. Moments where they got lost in eachothers eyes. Moments where they were about to kiss, but they were taken back to reality and in reality they were scared.

Now, things were different. Regina had finally found some courage to tell Emma how she felt. After being with Robin, she knew that what she wanted, wasn't a safe option. She didn't want to settle for just anyone.

With Robin, it was just sex. With Emma, she wanted a real relationship.

With a smile on her face, she grabbed Emma's red leather jacket that the blonde had let her borrow on a cold night and she marched over to Emma's house.

She had so many butterflies in her stomach. They were mixed feelings of being nervous and being in love with Emma.

The closer she got, the faster her heart began to beat.

She reached Emma's house and she stood outside the gate, her smile slowly disapeared as she watched Emma kiss the girl that had just moved to their school.

Emma and Lily had been known eachother a little while before she joined, Emma had taken her to the school dance and Regina tried her best to make her leave. Emma was the one to eventually make her leave by being the awkward girl she was. She had said the wrong thing...Regina thought she had the chance to tell Emma how she felt...But she was wrong.

As tears filled her eyes, she turned around quickly, not wanting to watch anymore. She walked back up the path, after throwing Emma's jacket across the wall and wiped her eyes with palm of her hands.

Her heart broke into a million pieces as she realised she took too long to say how she felt and now, Emma was the one that got away.

A/N: Apologies for the shortness. I don't know if you guys know this but I just finished a OUAT X Wynonna Earp story and I've just started a Sex Education FanFic mainly based around Meave. If you want, could you check them out please? It'd be greatly appreciated!

Also, is anyone else getting a spam or multiple spam accounts saying they've won Wattpad Premium? A few have commented on my stories, if you've been tagged in the comment or they've replied to your comment, please do NOT click a link its probably a virus or a hack or something like that.

Anyways, thank you for reading and voting!