You May Be Gone

You may be gone, but you're never forgotten.

You may be gone, but I will always love you.

You may be gone, but I will always sing our song.

You may be gone, but I will never stop smiling.

You may be gone, but I will be happy again.

You may be gone, but you didn't break my heart forever.

Regina repeated the last thing she just thought over and over again as she grabbed Emma's remaining things. Six years they had been together and Emma threw it away for an affair that lasted only seven months.

"Today I was going to propose." Regina spoke to herself. "Tell her I was finally ready to settle down and think about having kids. She knew how hard that was for me."

Regina grabbed the black trash bag and walked from the bedroom down into the living room.

Emma walked in through the front door, confusion written on her face. "Why is my stuff outside?"

"Because you're not here anymore."

Emma wrapped her arms around Regina and gave her a small kiss on the forhead. "I may be gone, but I am always here."

Regina woke up, tears falling from her eyes. She sat up and turned to her right to look at the picture of her girlfriend on her bedside table.

"I wish you did have an affair, atleast you'd still be here." Regina thought back to the moment she proposed. Emma said yes. Emma had gone to the store to get a bottle of wine. Regina heard a loud crash outside. Emma never made it home that night. She was hit by a car, it was an accident. The driver wasn't drunk, or high, didn't fall asleep at the wheel. His breaks failed.

Emma died in Regina's arms. Today would have been their wedding day.

"Mommy?"

She still had their child. The child Emma had always dreamed of having.  A part of Emma lived inside of him.

Emma may be gone, she was always part of this family.

A/N: Apologies for being so short!