Secrets

Everyone has their secrets, everyone has something to hide. From guilty pleasures, to little habits that they don't want anyone finding out about.

Some secrets, are darker than others. Some secrets, are more mysterious than others.

Everyone has secrets and Regina Mills was no different.

In the day she was normal. As normal as a typical teenage girl could be, but in the night. That was when her secret came out but only to her victims. To the ones she would feed on. The ones she would hunt.

It may seem like she's a cannibal but she wasn't. She was a creature of the night.

A vampire.

She wasn't born a vampire, she was turned into one by her now best friend when she was just a child. When her parents found out, they were hunted but they weren't turned into vampires themselves, they were killed.

It took her a long time to forgive the people who had killed her parents but in time she managed to do that and she was taught how to control her hunger and live a normal life.

Regina was currently running through the forest, needing to feed, finding someone or some thing to feed on.

She stopped running, she leaned against a tree, feeling herself become weak.

A crunch behind her, caused her to turn around quickly.

"Are you okay?"

"You shouldn't be here." Regina replied, turning to face away from the woman.

"I saw you running from your house and I followed you...I was concerned."

"I'm fine. I...I just couldn't sleep. Just go home Emma. I'm fine."

Regina heard leaves crunching, she let out a sigh, happy that Emma was leaving but when she felt a hand on her arm, she almost attacked.

"Your eyes are yellow." Emma whispered. "Regina what's wrong? Are you dying? Oh god, please don't die. You have no idea how much you mean to me. I shouldn't have been a bitch to you, if you're dying I gotta tell you something."

They spoke at the same time and if Regina's heart could still beat, it would have skipped one.

"Stop rambling."

"I love you."

Regina turned her entire body to face Emma. Her mouth was open in shock, Emma's eyes were filled with tears.

"I'm not dying." Regina said quickly wrapping her arms around Emma.

She felt her fangs wanting to break free, wanting to bite down on Emma but she fought it. She fought the urge, not wanting to hurt the woman she also loved.

"I'm already dead." She whispered.

"What?" Emma asked confused, pulling away from the hug.

Regina couldn't keep it a secret from Emma anymore. They had known eachother for, three years and in that time Regina has felt something she didn't know she would be able to feel and that was love.

"Do you want to be with me?" Regina asked.

Emma nodded her head as she smiled. "Of course I do. I've wanted to be with you for so long."

"Then there's something you need to know about me." Regina began. "I'm not normal."

Emma laughed and crossed her arms. "I don't think anyone is but go on."

"Now, please....Don't run away. Don't be scared because I won't hurt you. I'll never hurt you."

Emma narrowed her eyes and tilted her head to the side but remained in a firm stance as she watched Regina take a step closer. Regina opened her mouth and when she did, her eyes turned blood red and her top two lateral incisor's turned into fangs.

"Oh. My. God." Emma said, her eyes wide. "Wait, a second. If vampires exist, then so do warewolves, zombies, faries, elves..."

"Actually zombies aren't real but everything else, yeah." Regina looked down and then looked back up at Emma. "You're not scared of me?" Regina asked as she made her fangs go away.

Emma shook her head. "No..No I'm intrigued. You're a vampire, that's amazing well, maybe not amazing for you but wow. A vampire. Can you turn into a bat?"

"You watch too much TV." Regina chuckled.

"So could you really not sleep or was there a different reason you're out here?" Emma asked.

"In the night, I come out here to feed, and no, I don't kill the people who I feed on, unless I want to. Which I don't. Unless it's someone bad then I will...But for now, I just turn them into vampires too."

"How is that even possible?"

"Think of me like a snake. There is venom in my fangs. A little won't kill, but it will go into their blood and shit happens and they turn into a vampire. Difficult to explain what happens in the body but that's the gist of it."

"So...You're hungry?"

"Extremely."

Emma bit her lip and moved closer to Regina. "Feed on me."

"No. I don't wanna turn you into what I am."

"But I want to. I love you and seeing as you're a vampire that means you live forever right? I don't...I don't wanna die knowing I won't be with you in the afterlife if there is on. Fuck that was cheesy, anyway. Regina, I wanna be with you and I mean it. I want you forever."

"I'm not gonna let you throw away your entire life for a life like this. Live your perfect, normal human life. We can still be together."

"No. I want to be part of your world."

"Alright Ariel."

Emma rolled her eyes and slapped Regina's arm.

"I'm being serious."

"Are you though? Are you sure you want that?"

Emma nodded her head and grabbed Regina's hand and held it tightly. "I'm one hundred percent sure, and you need to feed so.."

"What about your family?"

"You know they're not my family. My family didn't want me, they are just people I live with."

Regina smiled sadly and nodded her head. "You really want this?"

"Yes."

Regina gently cupped Emma's face and leaned in. She kissed Emma slowly, savouring the moment before she trailed her lips down to her neck, her fangs appeared once more. "Are you really sure you want this?"

"Mmm." Emma hummed as she kept her eyes closed, preparing for the pain she was sure she would feel.

Regina sunk her fangs deep into Emma's neck, almost moaning as her hunger faded.

Emma giggled, surprised that it tickled and didn't hurt.

Regina pulled away and wiped the blood that dripped down from her fangs.

"You're going to feel tired for a few hours and you might col-" Regina quickly grabbed Emma around the waist before she could fall. "Collapse."

"Am I a vampire yet?" Emma asked weakly.

"You will be when you wake up in a few hours. Get some sleep, you can stay with me tonight."

Emma's eyes closed and she smiled weakly at Regina. "I love you."

"I love you too. Thank you for letting me feed and thank you for allowing me to share my secret."

A/N: Wasn't sure how to end it, so I'll just leave it there. This is for you HausofSwanQueen. Hope you liked it!!

Thanks for reading and voting everyone!