No Goodbyes Part Two

Ten Years Later

"Woah kid, slow down."

"No Emma! You have to come with me! It's an emergency! And stop calling me kid, I have a name you know."

"Speaking of names, how'd you know mine?" Emma asked the small child confused.

"It's a not so long story but I'd rather show you than tell you."

Emma sighed and allowed herself to be dragged down the street by the little boy. She had no idea who this child is or how he even knew her but when she looked at him, she saw some familiarity.

They stopped outside of a house, the small child turned to face Emma with a huge grin on his face.

"And this is where you come to save the day. You can make my Mom happy."

"Is that what you brought me here for? A blind date with your Mom. Thanks kid but I'm uninterested so if you don't mind, I'll get going."

"No!" Henry shouted. "You have to stay and make her happy. She needs you!"

Emma rested her hand on her knees so she was eye level with him. "Kid-"

"HENRY!"

Emma froze as she heard a voice she hadn't heard in a long time. Ten years to be exact.

"Where have you been? I was so worried about you." Emma watched as Regina didn't recognise her yet, instead she wrapped her arms around Henry in a tight hug.

"I found the one thing that can make you happy other than me. The woman who is supposed to be my other parent. Now if you two ladies don't mind, I've got homework to go do." Henry said before running inside the house.

Regina slowly looked up, her eyes looking into the familiar green ones. "Emma?" She said barely above a whisper.

"Hi." Emma replied shyly.

"It's been so long." Regina smiled. "How have you been? Let's catch up hmm?"

"Sure." Emma nodded her head.

"How's about we catch up over the best apple cider you've evee tasted?"

"Got anything stronger?"

- - -

They had been drinkining in silence, not realising how hard it truely was to speak to eachother.

"So you have a son." Emma broke the silence.

"I do. He's nine years old."

"So that means...You had him a year after we broke up?"

"It was an accident. I went into a bad place and all I did was sleep with anyone that wanted me. It was slutty and I regret it and once I was pregnant I focused all my attention on him. He's the only man in my life now."

"So his Dad isn't in the picture?" Emma asked trying to hide her smile.

"No he isn't and he never will be, Henry has also never asked about him. To be honest with you..He asks about you more than he does anyone else."

"You talked about me?"

Regina smiled softly and nodded her head. "I did, you were a big part of my life and I couldn't just forget you. I had pictures and he had questions."

Emma leaned back into the sofa, relaxing a little as a silence fell over them.

Emma checked Regina out, she cut her hair shorter and she began wearing dresses. She had a scar above her lip now that made her look even more beautiful than she was before.

"Did you ever think of me?" Regina asked as she set her glass down on the table in front of her.

"I did. I never forgot you and I always regret not doing more for our relationship."

Regina nodded her head slowly before standing up and wiping her hands on her dress.

"Is there anyone special in your life?"

"No." Emma said before taking a sip of her drink.

"Well then Miss Swan, it appears we have ten years of making up to do for lost time. If you'd like to follow me."

Emma set her glass down and stood up confused as she followed Regina. They walked up the stairs and walked towards a door, Emma stopping her as she grew even more confused.

"What's happening?" Emma asked.

"I know I shouldn't say this but...I still love you. For the past ten years I only wanted to be with you as yours. We could have been married by now...If you want then...This could be our fresh start. We're adults now, both more mature...I believe this could work. Or..We could just have fun one last time."

Emma bit her lip as she wrapped her arms around Regina. "If we do this..Then that's it. We're dating because I don't want just sex, I want it all. The kisses every day, the holding, looking after Henry...I want to do it all. I want us to be together as a couple, but if you show signs of who you used to be then I'm leaving. I hope you understand."

"I do. I understand one hundred percent."

"Good." Emma whispered with a smile. "Now, let's make up for lost time and this time...I'm going to love you like there's no goodbyes."