I Want To Break Free

I want to break free
I want to break free from your lies
You're so self satisfied I don't need you
I've got to break free
God knows, God knows I want to break free

She's bad news. She's a bad infleuence. You're not good enough for her. She hates you.

Those were just some of the lies that Emma's Mother put into her head each time Emma would mention Regina's name. She had no idea why, but her Mother hated Regina and her family.

"I need to get out of here." Emma sighed as she sat at her window in her bedroom. "I need to break free from this fucking hell."

I've fallen in love
I've fallen in love for the first time
And this time I know it's for real
I've fallen in love, yeah
God knows, God knows I've fallen in love

Emma's phone pinged and she looked to her desk to see her phone had lit up, a picture of Regina on her screen. Her heart filled with so much love, she knew what she had to do.

She grabbed the bag she used for when she stayed at her Dad's on the weekend and began to fill it with clothes and little things she'd like to keep, pictures. Books, a small teddy bear and her phone charger. Everything else she didn't need that much.

She ran down the stairs which caught her Mother's attention.

"Emma? Where are you going? It's a school night."

"I'm leaving."

"Leaving?"

"I'm moving in with Regina."

"No you're not." Her Mother laughed.

"Yes, I am. I am so sick of the way you treat her, treat us. I love her and you can't stop me from loving her. I'll think about coming home when you change your ways. For now, goodbye."

Emma opened the front door before slamming it behind her and then breaking out into a run. Running to her happiness. Running to Regina.

It's strange but it's true
I can't get over the way you love me like you do
But I have to be sure
When I walk out that door
Oh how I want to be free, baby
Oh how I want to break free

Emma had never felt so free before, she never felt this much love for someone. She was happy.

It didn't take long for Emma to reach Regina's house. She egarly knocked on the door and when Regina answered the door, she was surprised.

"Emma." She smiled.

"Can I stay here for a few days that could possibly turn into longer because I'm trying to make a point to my Mom."

"You've ran away from home?" Regina asked crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow.

"Kinda. I told her I was moving in with you. I'm just sick of how she speaks about you and treats you. You're my girlfriend and even though she doesn't like you, she should pretend to for my sake. Your Mom has shown nothing but love and kindess towards me. It's not fair on you that my Mom hasn't. I had to get out of there. I'm sorry I didn't ask first. It's okay if I can't stay."

"Of course you can stay. My Mother was just talking about how she hasn't seen you much recently."

But life still goes on
I can't get used to living without, living without
Living without you by my side
I don't want to live alone, hey
God knows, got to make it on my own

Emma laughed and was about to enter Regina's home when she heard a car door slam.

"Emma Swan. Get in this car right now."

"No Mom, you don't get to tell me what do, especially when it comes to love. I love Regina, I'm in love with her. She makes me happy, she treats me amazingly and that should be good enough for you. You should be happy for me, but you're not and you haven't been happy since Dad left and that was ten years ago. You have become a bitter, petty woman and I just had to break free. I felt like I was drowning."

"I'm sorry." Her Mother cried. "Just come home and we can talk about it. I can change. I love you Emma."

"I love you too Mom, but I'm not going home with you. What you're saying is just words. Prove to me that you can change." With that, Emma held Regina's hand as they walked inside her home.

"Wow...Nobody has ever stood up to their parents like that because of how they treat me."

"Well I'm not like everyone else you've been with." Emma winked.

"I love you Emma."

"I love you more Gina."

So baby can't you see
I've got to break free
I want to break free, yeah
I want, I want, I want, I want to break free

A/N: For my best Portugese Friend in the entire world EvilRegal10lp. Hope you liked it!

Thanks for reading and voting everyone!