Karaoke Night

Emma couldn't believe she had let her friends drag her to a karaoke bar. She wasn't planning on singing but her friends had other ideas.

They didn't drag her here to annoy her, they were trying to help her. They had known that she had a crush on girl they went to school with. Regina Mills and she loved karaoke.

They new this would be the best way for Emma to get Regina's attention.

Emma looked around nervously, she saw a lot of people she knew here but when her eyes landed on Regina, she felt sick. She was worried that if she got called up to sing then she would show herself up...In front of Regina.

"Thank you Killian for that lovely song. Next up we have Regina Mills and Emma Swan singing a duet. Why Did It Have To Be Me? From Mamma Mia Here We Go Again!" The DJ announced.

"Go on Emma." Her friends encouraged, gently pushing her to the stage.

Regina stood confidently on stage, her hands on the microphone that sat its place on the stand. Emma's heart began to pound as she got closer to Regina.

"Relax." The older woman said, sensing Emma was nervous. "It's just a bit of fun. You don't need to be a pro."

Emma nodded her head and took a deep breath as she heard the music begin to play and the lyrics appeared on the screen in front of her.

When you were lonely, you needed a man
Someone to lean on, well I understand
It’s only natural
But why did it have to be me?
Nights can be empty, and nights can be cold
So you were looking for someone to hold
That’s only natural
But why did it have to be me?

Regina gave Emma a smile, showing her she was doing before it was Regina's turn to sing. They sang together and they both got lost in the music, Emma was loosening up and having the time of her life.

I was so lonesome, I was blue
I couldn’t help it, it had to be you and I
Always thought you knew the reason why
I only wanted a little love affair
Now I can see you are beginning to care
But baby, believe me
It’s better to forget me

Men are the toys in the game that you play
When you get tired you throw them away
That's only natural
But why did it have to be me?

Falling in love with a woman like you
Happens so quickly, there's nothing to do
It’s only natural
But why did it have to be me

I was so lonesome, I was blue
I couldn’t help it, it had to be you and I
Always thought you knew the reason why
I only wanted a little love affair
Now I can see you are beginning to care
But baby, believe me
It’s better to forget me

When the song finished, Regina wrapped her arms around Emma in a hug.

"My name's Regina."

Emma smiled and nodded her head. "I know who you are."

"Good, because I know who you are. Emma Swan."

"You know who I am?" She replied in shock.

"Of course I know the most beautiful girl in the entire school."

Emma began to blush and she looked down shyly.

"You wanna get out of here Emma? Go get a pizza or something?"

Emma looked up and nodded her head. "Sure, I'd like that."

- - -

"And that's how your Mom and I met properly." Emma said as she tucked her four year old son into bed.

"When did you know you loved eachother?" He asked, yawning half way through his sentence.

"As soon as I got up on that stage and we sang together, I knew that I loved her. I always liked her but I knew in that moment I loved her."

"I loved your Mother the first time I set my eyes on her. I felt a connection straight away. I knew we were meant to be." Regina said as she walked into the room holding a sippy cup with water in.

"You're like Snow White and Prince Charming." Henry said tiredly.

"How so?" Emma asked raising an eyebrow.

"True love." He said before his eyes shut and he drifted away to sleep land.

Emma and Regina looked at eachother with huge smiles on their faces.

"I'm so glad it had to be me." Emma winked.

Regina rolled her eyes. "You're such a dork."

Emma shrugged her shoulders before leaning forward and kissing Regina's forhead. "But I'm your dork."

"That you are. Would you like to watch a movie?"

"Mamma Mia Here We Go Again?"

"Would it really be anything else?" Regina laughed quietly.

Emma's really thankful her friends gave her the push that she needed that night. Now she had everything she could ever want and need.

She had the perfect little family.