Early Autumn Date

It was the middle of summer and Regina was miserable. She didn't hate summer, she quite enjoyed it, but it wasn't her favourite season. Her favourite season was Autumn.

She loved wearing her cardigans, she loved sitting in front of the fire, listening to the rain hit the windows.

But most of all, she loved how Autumn made everything seem cosy. She would wrap herself, and Emma in a blanket and they would cuddle up watching various movies. Even romance ones, Emma's least favourite genre, but she tolerated them for her girlfriend, because she loved her that much.

Emma had come up with an idea that would make Regina super happy for once during the summer. Whilst Regina was out with Kathryn and Ruby, Emma set about making their bedroom look as Autumn as possible.

She placed fairy lights across the walls, turned the AC on so it was slightly chilly but not too chilly. She knew it would probably break her bank account for the month, but she didn't care. She just wanted to see Regina happy.

She placed pillows and blankets on the bed, and placed two Autumn scented candles on the bedside table.

She smiled at her handy work before she grabbed a bunch of Regina's favourite DVD's and placed them on the TV stand. next to the TV.

She closed the curtains, sighing happily that today was a cloudy day so it looked darkish in the room. She turned the fairy lights on before laying on the bed, waiting for Regina to return.

It was about an hour later when Regina walked through the front door. She looked around confused, it was too quiet.

"Emma?" She called out.

"Up here." She heard Emma yell but it came out quiet.

Regina slipped her heels off before making her way upstairs.

"Why is it so dark in and kinda cold in here?" She asked as she opened the door but once it was fully open, she let out a small gasp.

"Surprise." Emma smiled from the bed.

"Emma..What's all this?" Regina asked as she closed the door behind her and made her way to the bed.

"I know it's summer but I know how much you love Autumn and the weather is probably going to remain hot until Christmas so...I decided to make it Autumn for you. The best I could anyway."

"Oh Emma, that's so thoughtful." Regina said with a huge smile on her face.

And that's why she did it, because she loved her girlfriend and she loved seeing her smile, loved seeing her happy.

"I have your favourite movies out too." Emma said, gesturing to the DVD's.

"I fancy binge watching The Vampire Diaries."

Emma chuckled and wrapped her arm around Regina. "Okay baby Gina."

"But, you gotta comfort me during the sad Stelena moments and stupid Delena moments."

Emma laughed and nodded her head. "Of course, of course."

"Emma?"

"Hmm?"

"Thank you."

"You don't have to thank me. I did this and I'll do other things because I love you."

"I love you too Emma Swan. More than you could ever know."

A/N: I was talking to my friend grace-samantha99 and I said I'd do something like this for her and she thought it would make a good one shot so here it is. Also, if you like Riverdale then check out her Riverdale One Shots. They're suuuuuper good!!!

Thanks for reading and voting everyone!