Why Can't I?

Get a load of me, get a load of you
Walking down the street, and I hardly know you
It's just like we were meant to be

Regina walked down the empty streets of Storybrooke. Hands in jacket pockets, head down as silent tears fell from her eyes.

Holding hands with you when we're out at night
Got a girlfriend, you say it isn't right
And I've got someone waiting, too

It was her and Emma's anniversary. They walked down the same street, hand in hand, until Emma stopped Regina, pulled her in for a kiss and that was how they started dating. Now five years later, everything is different.

Emma is with someone else, as is Regina but she's only settling because she can't have who she truely wants.

Why can't I breathe whenever I think about you?
Why can't I speak whenever I talk about you?
It's inevitable, it's a fact that we're gonna get down to it
So tell me
Why can't I breathe whenever I think about you?

"Oops, sorry."

Regina looked up as she heard the familiar voice, her heart skipped a beat and her stomach flipped as her breath hitched.

"Hey Regina." Emma said, her voice coming out as a sigh.

"Emma." Regina breathed as a small smile formed on her face. "I didn't know you were back in town."

"Yeah, visiting my parents."

Isn't this the best part of breaking up
Finding someone else you can't get enough of
Someone who wants to be with you, too

Regina noticed something shining under the moonlight and when she looked down, her heart sank.

"Is that an engagement ring?"

Emma looked down at her hand before smiling sadly. "Yeah, Killian proposed....Have you been crying?"

"No, no I'm fine. I'm happy for you Emma, really, I truely am."

"You're lying." Emma said crossing her arms. "But to be honest so am I. Not to you, but to him."

"What do you mean?" Regina asked confused.

"I mean, I don't wanna marry him. I felt preassured and he went on and on about how I'm his soulmate and he's finally found the one and I couldn't bear to break his heart."

"So you'd rather break mine?" Regina mumbled as she looked down.

"I heard that. And no, you've moved on and your happy. Maybe you wanted to break my heart."

Regina quickly lookesd back up and shook her head. "I didn't want to break your heart, I never wanted to break your heart. I can't even remember why we broke up."

"Neither can I." Emma chuckled. "I guess we were just stupid. Not realising we had a great thing going."

"Maybe."

It's an itch we know we are gonna scratch
Gonna take a while for this egg to hatch
But wouldn't it be beautiful?

Here we are, we're at the beginning
We haven't fucked yet, but my head's spinning

The two women remained in silence, just staring into eachothers eyes before they lunged at eachother at the same time, their lips moving in sync, they both moaned at the softness of their lips, both of them had missed the feeling.

"Let's go back to your place." Emma said out of breath.

Regina nodded her head and grabbed Emma's hand. The women ran and laughed, finally, truely happy. They would their relationships in the morning and finally be with who they wanted and this time they wouldn't let eachother go.

A/N: For my amazing friend EvilRegal10lp! Hope you liked it!

Thanks for reading and voting everyone!