Accepting The Truth

It was never meant to go on for more than one night, but it did.

Regina found herself drawn to Emma, like a moth to a bright light. Regina was surprised with how she behaved around Emma.

She had always been secretly closeted, scared of what her parents, friends and co-workers would say. She began to date a man, they had been together for five years and were engaged.

She loved him dearly, but she wasn't in love with him.

The day she met Emma, she finally felt like she was living the life she was meant to.

Her fiancé had gone away for two weeks on a business trip, Regina and Emma spent the entire time together. Going on dates, making love.

Regina didn't want to cheat but this was the only way she could have some sort of true life.

The two weeks flew by and tonight was their last night together.

"Please...Just stay with me." Emma whispered in Regina's ear as she held her close.

"I can't." Regina replied sadly. She gently stroked Emma's cheek, watching as the green eyes she had fallen for, filled up with tears. "If I could, I would. I would be with you forever."

"It's not fair. He doesn't make you happy."

"He does...I just...I just don't love him."

"Why be with a man who you don't love?"

"To stop my parents hating me...My friends...My co-workers. I don't wanna hurt him either."

"But you'd hurt me?" Emma asked as she sat up and wiped her eyes.

"No. I don't want to hurt anyone...None of this was meant to happen. We were never supposed to feel this way about eachother."

Emma bit her lip, trying to contain her emotions. "I know...I'm just...Gonna miss you so much."

Regina sat up and kissed Emma's shoulder. "I'm going to miss you too."

Emma gave Regina a small smile before capturing the brunette's lips with her own. The kiss soon got heated and Emma gently pushed Regina down.

Emma straddled Regina and began to rub her naked body against Regina's. Regina let out a loud moan as the pleasure of Emma's clit rubbing against her own, surrounded her body.

Emma flipped her hair to one side as she kissed Regina's neck.

Regina's breathing began to speed up, she could feel herself getting closer to her release.

"What the fuck?"

Emma quickly jumped off Regina as her fiancé stood by the bedroom door in shock.

"R-Robin."

Robin shook his head and stormed out  of the house. Regina climbed out of bed, rushing to get her clothes on. All the while, Emma just layed there in shock, her hands covering her face.

Regina ran out of the bedroom and down the stairs. She ran out of the house and after Robin.

"Robin, wait!"

"Why, Regina? Why? What did I ever do to you, to deserve to be cheated on?"

"I'm sorry." She cried reaching for his arm, giving him a look of desperation as he moved away.

"Do you love me?"

"Of course!"

"Like you love her?"

"Wh...What are you talking about?"

"The way you were lost in the moment, you didn't notice me. You were gone. You are never like that with me. You love her."

"I-I think I do."

Robin nodded his head and dragged a hand down his face. "I'll get my things in the morning."

"Robin, no. Please."

"Don't touch me." He shouted. "Accept the truth Regina. You're gay. You love whoever she is. Go be with her, you've lied to me for five years, it stops now."

Robin walked away, leaving Regina alone. She stayed in the same spot for a few more seconds before she walked back into her home where she saw Emma getting dressed.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean for this to happen."

She was about to walk away but Regina reached out and grabbed her arm. "I love you, Emma Swan. I'm going to be with you, if you still want me."

Emma turned to face Regina slowly, she nodded her head as a small smile creeped on her face. "Yes, I do. I love you too and we can go as slow as you want."

"Thank you." Regina smiled as she used her fingers to wipe her eyes.

For most of her life, she had kept who she truely was hidden, but not any longer. She wished it was under different circumstances but she had finally done what she should've done a long time ago.

She accepted the truth and she was happy.