I Promise

Emma held on to the rail in front of her, as she looked down at the water below. Tears fell from her eyes and she watched as they fell into the water.

This is what it had come to.

Every minute she spent surviving, every hour she spent living her life, every day, every week, every month, getting stronger only to become weak. The weakest she had ever come before.

Every bad memory, the words, the faces, ran through her mind over and over. Replaying over and over. She closed her eyes, squeezed them tightly, wanting them to go away but they wouldn't.

They became more clearer and the feelings she felt began to cause more pain.

She looked up at the sky and opened her eyes. "Please." She begged. "Help me."

But as the tears fell faster, she knew nobody would save her. She lifted her leg and placed it over the rail, placing her foot on the other side before doing the same with her other leg.

She held on tightly to the rail behind her, taking in every sound, every smell and the last things she would see. The trees and the houses in the distance, the moon in the sky shining down on her brightly.

She gulped and closed her eyes, her breathing becoming shaky.

Nobody cared, nobody would miss her and nobody was coming to save her.

She released her hands from the rail but before she could fall, she felt strong arms wrap around her waist and before she could fight against whoever grabbed her, she was pulled over the rail.

She roughly pushed the person away and was about to hit them when she stopped in her tracks, shock taking over her body.

"Re...Regina?"

"Hey Emma."

Emma looked the brunette up and down, the same woman who had bullied her since fifth grade, had just saved her life.

"Did you know it was me?" Emma asked confused.

"I did." Regina nodded her head.

"Why'd you save me if you hate me?"

"I don't hate you."

"Then why have you been bullying me since fifth grade?! Making me feel like I'm worthless? Making it known to everyone that I have no family. That I'm an orphan." Emma paused as she felt anger build up inside of her. "You've made my life even more of a hell than it already is."

"I don't know why I've done what I've done but when I saw you there...I knew I've gone too far. I can't do anything except say that I'm sorry and I'll do whatever I can to make it right."

"You can't. Unless you run me over with your car, beat me to death or push me in the river."

"I'm not doing that...Emma please get in my car and we can talk about this. Talk about why you feel like this is the only way out."

"No." Emma shook her head and wiped her eyes. "I'm done talking."

Emma turned around and was about to climb over the rail again, when Regina stopped her once more.

"Okay let's make a deal. We sit down here." She walked slowly towards Emma before sitting down on the small path in front of the rail. "And you talk to me and if in the end you still wanna jump off here, then I won't stop you." Regina said, of course she was lying, she wouldn't let Emma end her own life. She just wanted the blonde to open up to her.

"It's not your choice wether I live or die."

"Just please sit your ass down and talk to me."

Emma sighed but slowly sat next to Regina, she pulled her knees close to her chest and rested her chin on her knees as she began to speak.

"Even though you were terrorising me...I was still happy. See, I had this amazing online friend. We talked every day. Every minute, every hour...Unless we were sleeping. She lived in Florida, we'd talk about going to Disney and Sea World and Universal and...I was just so happy. We developed feelings for eachother and wow...I was so lucky a girl like her, liked a girl like me. She was beautiful and amazing...Inside and out. She was the full package. Things started to get rocky between us. I don't know where it went wrong but I just remember us having a fight and us breaking up. My entire world came crashing down. We gave it a go as friends for a while, I fucked that up but she gave me another chance. Fucked that chance up too but we started talking again. Then she just changed. She changed when we dated but man, I've never seen her like this. She became so bitchy and nasty. She kept leaving me on read. That shit hurts. Told me she was busy and had things going on. The things she was doing made me think differently. It was me. She was sick of me. She started messaging other people, I could see it on her social media...She could message them, do stuff for them, but not message me and that destroyed me. Knowing she's moving on with someone else and then here I am, wanting to die because my life is so shit. This tipped me over the edge. I have no friends, no family, no life. Nothing. I planned on having a fresh start somewhere but this, this has knocked me down."

By the end, Emma had bursted into a full fit of tears and Regina didn't hesitate to wrap her arms around the fragile woman.

"It may seem like the end of the world, but trust me. It isn't, you may hurt now but one day you won't be hurting. You will move on, you will be happy again. You'll have amazing friends and you'll make your own family. People like her, aren't worth the time of day. One day, she'll see you or think of you and wonder what could have been but she was too naive to realise what she had when she had it. She lost the chance and now somebody else will be living the amazing life with you. I can't promise you'll stop hurting soon, but I can promise you'll stop hurting one day and you will be okay. Just please, don't give up. Please." Regina pleaded, tears of her own falling from her eyes. "I'll be with you every step of the way. I promise."

Emma looked up, her green eyes meeting Regina's brown.

"You promise?" Emma asked confused.

"Yes." Regina nodded her head with a small smile. "I promise, but you have to promise me that you won't give up. You'll keep fighting each day."

Emma looked down, looking at the tears that had fallen to the floor before looking up, deep into Regina's desperate eyes.

"I promise."

A/N: I just wanna let you guys know, that these past two one shots have been based on my personal experiences in a way. The feelings there are what I'm feeling and I'm trying to get how I feel out and I'm trying to make myself feel better in like hoping that writing this will send a message out to the universe and someone will come help me or some stupid shit like that.

I hope you don't mind that I'm doing that I just don't know how else to get everything out. It's all clogging up my mind and driving me crazy. It's been a rough few weeks but hopefully on Monday I'll be receving some good news.

Anyways, as always, thank you for reading and voting