Like I Loved You

Seven months. Seven, long months had gone by since Regina and Emma had broken up. They had spent years in love and happy together.

They thought they would last forever. They thought they were soulmates.
They thought they were forever and always.

Funny how one stupid little fight can change that. One change of mood, one off day, one little moment of annoyance and everything they had was gone.

Every day since that horrid day, Emma tried to change. She would do anything to try and be with Regina again but Regina wasn't having any of it.

She was moving on.

And to Emma, it was bullshit. Here she was, crying almost every night, wishing she could turn back the clock but there was Regina. Happy, talking to other people.

The thing that scared Emma the most was that Regina would find someone and fall in love the exact way they did.

They weren't together from the start, they started online and now, she was watching Regina talk to people online. Making her think they were also DMing, getting close and having what they had.

It hurt her, it hurt her so much mainly for the fact that Regina didn't seem to care at all about Emma. After everything they had been through, Regina was only giving Emma the option to be friends, no chance of them being together again.

She couldn't deal with all of these feelings and emotions, so she decided to do somthing she hadn't done in two years.

As she sat in bed, tears falling pouring down her face, she reached for the scissors on her bedside table. She opened them and placed the sharp edge against her wrist.

She held it there, just staring at her wrist as she watched the tears fall on to her skin.

She let out a scream of anger and threw the scissors against the wall before bringing her knees up to her chest and just crying harder as she stared ahead of her.

"How can Regina tell me we can still be friends? Just friends! Hanging on the weekend, like everything is normal and happy. Like we were nothing else but just friends. She's gonna be okay if I start seeing somebody new...She hopes that I do." Emma spoke to herself. "Tonight is the first night I haven't gotten drunk and drunk called her...It won't be long until I forget to call everytime that I'm drinking and she won't be the love song I can't keep from singing." Emma let out a fake laugh and shook her head. "I gotta be honest, if she really believes that's the truth, she never loved me like I loved her."

Suddenly, an idea popped into her head. She opened the drawer of her bedside table and grabbed the pen and notepad she kept in there. She began to write, getting annoyed having to wipe her eyes to avoid the words smudging. Once she was finished writing, she had also stopped crying.

"She probably won't care. She probably won't miss me..But that's fine. One day I won't either." Emma spoke with a shaky voice.

- - -

4 Months Later

"Our special guest performer tonight has found fame from her YouTube videos. The first one she uploaded gained quick attention and it wasn't long before she was racking up millions upon millions of subscribers and in such a short amount of time too is impressive. She says all of the songs she has uploaded have been written by her and are from personal experiences. Singing her hit song Like I Loved You, please welcome, Emma Swan!"

The crowd cheered as Emma appeared on the small stage and Emma responded with a smile as the music began to play.

Would've thought you wrote down every word
Goodbye spelled out like it had been rehearsed
There ain't no point in trying to change your mind