Always Been You

Emma never was good with relationships, she'd like someone but then she'd like someone else a few weeks later. She could never keep a crush, or a girlfriend when she managed to get one.

So one day she decided to just sleep with girls, it would be the easiest thing for her...Or so she thought.

She'd walk through the park, hands in her pockets as she looked at the happy couples and their familes.

She almost had that, until she ruined it one night. She thought the woman she was with, would be hers forever. That nothing could break them...But something could and something did and that thing was her.

She suffered a huge loss, she never had a true family. She was abandoned on the side of the road when she was a few hours old. A woman called Ingrid found her and took her in. Raised her as her own.

When she died, Emma couldn't cope. Ingrid was the only family she had, now she felt like she didn't have anyone, even though she had her girl.

She turned to alchohol, she pushed away the only woman she ever loved, other than Ingrid.

Time after time she promised to stop drinking but each time she let herself and her girlfriend down.

And this was how she ended up here, alone, not being able to have a steady relationship because all she could think about was the one person she trusted, the one person she cared about most in the world.

She worked hard to stop drinking and now two years later she's a recovering alchoholic...Until she walked through the same park she walked through every day and saw the only girl she loved in the arms of a man.

She had moved on.

Tears filled her eyes, unable to look away. Her first instinct was to just run but she couldn't.

"Emma?"

As soon as she heard her name, she turned around and ran. She ran to her comfort.

She ran to the one thing she didn't want to have but felt like she needed because the only reason she stopped was for the woman she loved, for Regina.

She bought a bottle of whiskey, not caring that the cashier was giving her a disapointed look. She needed this.

As soon as she arrived home, she walked into the kitchen and sat down the bottle on the counter so she could grab a glass.

She opened the bottle of whiskey, she held the bottle to her nose, taking in the smell. She licked her lip, wanting to taste it, wanting to feel the burn but she couldn't bring herself to pour it into the glass.

"Emma don't."

Emma turned around, startled at another voice in her house.

"What are you doing here?" Emma asked as she sat the bottle down again.

"You ran off and it worried me. You didn't look too good." Regina replied as she walked slowly towards the blonde.

"Things are just hard at the moment, but I'll be okay. I just need a drink."

"No you don't. Just talk to me."

Emm bit her lip and shook her head as she grabbed the bottle and poured the liquid into the glass.

"Emma." Regina warned.

"What? I worked so hard for two years not to drink. To become clean. For you. Because I love you, you leaving was a damn wake up call but you clearly don't care about me as much as you let on. You clearly didn't love me as much as you let on because I've been miserable and yet...You're happy with someone else...All I can think about is you. Even though I've been with other women, I've never loved them because I only love you."

"It's been two years Emma."

"Yeah and? We spent more than two years together. We spent more than two years being in love. You were my first and I was yours. I gave you everything. Yet there you are, moved on and happy with someone."

"I'm not with anyone."

"Who was that man then?" Emma asked bitterly.

"Who? What? When?"

"The man in the park. I saw you in his arms."

"Oh him." Regina replied slowly. "That's Robin, he's Marian's husband. I...I'm going to have their baby because Marian can't have kids." Regina walked closer and placed her hand over Emma's. "I never stopped loving you either Emma, but it was hard to cope with your drinking. Please, don't do this again."

"I have nothing. I lost Ingrid, I lost you. I lost the only two people I cared about and loved."

"I'm here aren't I? I'm here and I'm never leaving again, just please...Don't drink that poison because if you do, then I will leave for good. So choose. Me or the drink?"

Five Years Later

"Through the ups and the downs...The good and the bad times, I knew it was you. It has always been you. The one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I stand here today, proud to call you the Mother of our child and my wife. Thank you for standing by me when I needed your help. Thank you for being in my life. Thank you, for being my savior."

"I love you."

"I love you more than you could ever know, Mrs Regina Swan-Mills."

A/N: Helllllooooooo, sorry I've been away for a bit. I just wanted to take a small break and I've also been having some neck issues so I've been dealing with that. But yes, here I am again.

Happy Easter everyone!

Also, this is the last one shot I'm writing because I'm ending this book because I no longer ship SwanQueen...Very sorry to all my readers. You've all been amazing and your comments have made so many days for me. Thank you ❤

APRIL FOOLS. 😜

I'm gonna try and get back into updating like I was before. Thank you for reading and voting everyone!