When You're Ready

Maybe I had too many drinks
But that's just what I needed
I hope that you don't think that what I'm saying sounds conceited
When I look across the room, and you're staring right back at me
Like somebody told a joke and we're the only ones laughin'

It was guys night out, except there was one exception in the group and that was Emma Swan, captain of the soccer team.

The school club, which had now been turned into a literal club now that all the teachers had left for the day, was filled with students laughing, dancing, drinking and getting high.

The only one who wasn't getting high or drinking was Regina Mills who was sat at a table in the corner, watching Emma as she laughed and joked around with her friends.

Emma felt eyes on her and as she turned her head towards the table, Regina was sat at..Her heart skipped a beat.

She had never noticed Regina before now...Everything seemed to go quiet around the blonde as her eyes locked with the girl across the room. Regina smiled shyly and Emma gave a weak smile before she was playfully shoved by her best guy friend, Killian.

Don't know why I tried
'Cause ain't nobody like you
Familiar disappointment every single time I do
Every single night my arms are not around you
My mind's still wrapped around you

Regina looked away disapointed as Emma didn't look at her again. She didn't know what she'd expect, she didn't think it would be like the movies where Emma would be the guy and decide to speak to her and they fall in love straight away.

Emma looked towards the table across the room and noticed Regina had gone. Her heart sank but it soon rose again as she saw her by the door.

Emma moved that quickly from the table, she almost tripped over her feet. She almost slipped as she ran towards the door and purposfully bumped into Regina.

She bumped into her a little too hard and quickly wrapped her arms around the petite girl, afraid she would push her over.

"Hi." Emma said shyly as she looked into Regina's eyes.

"Hi." Regina replied, just as shy.

- - -

The two began a strong friendship but unbeknown to eachother, they developed a strong romantic feeling for eachother. They wanted to be in eachothers arms. They wanted to be eachothers but they were scared, scared to lose their friendship, scared of rejection.

Baby, tell me when you're ready
I'm waitin'
Baby, any time you're ready
I'm waitin'

Even ten years from now
If you haven't found somebody
I promise, I'll be around
Tell me when you're ready
I'm waitin'

Ten Years Later

Even after ten years, they kept a close friendship, even though their romantic feelings grew and grew. They couldn't be alone in the same room without almost kissing eachother, but they were still scared, they loved their friendship and didn't want to ruin it.

They were both single, both wanting to be eachothers but it killed them not being brave enough to take the chance. They weren't ready.

What if my dad is right
When he says that you're the one
No, I can't even argue
I won't even fight him on it
Call you when it's late
And I know that you're in bed
'Cause I'm three hours back
Seems like you're always six ahead

Emma spoke to her Dad about everything, he held a smile on his face as he listend to his daughter. He remembered her Mother, it was how he felt about her and how she felt about him.

This was true love, they were soulmates and when he said that, Emma didn't question him. Instead it helped with her courage and she finally built the courage to speak to Regina. She was ready.

Don't know why I tried
'Cause ain't nobody like you
Familiar disappointment every single time I do
Every single night my arms are not around you
My mind's still wrapped around you

Baby, tell me when you're ready
I'm waitin'
Baby, any time you're ready
I'm waitin'

Even ten years from now
If you haven't found somebody
I promise, I'll be around
Tell me when you're ready
I'm waitin', yeah

And if I have to, I'll wait forever
Say the word and I'll change my plans
Yeah, you know that we fit together
I know your heart like the back of my hand

So baby, tell me when you're ready
I'm waitin'
Baby, any time you're ready
I'm waitin'

Even ten years from now
If you haven't found somebody
I promise, I'll be around
Tell me when you're ready
I'm waitin', yeah

Baby, tell me when you're ready
I'm waitin'
Baby, any time you're ready
I'm waitin', oh

A few years later, the two women layed in bed, their arms around eachother, their lips moving in sync as their baby boy slept soundly in his crib.

"I love you." Emma smiled as she pulled away and gently locked fingers with Regina, moving her finger so the side of it stroked the ring that was around Regina's finger.

"I love you too." Regina smiled back, before pressing her lips against Emma's hand. "My forever. My always. My soulmate. My wife."

Even ten years from now
If you haven't found somebody
I promise, I'll be around
Tell me when you're ready
I'm waitin', I'm waitin'

The two women kissed again, getting lost in the moment, getting lost in their love.

They were ready and they had been ready since the moment they met, they just didn't know it.

A/N: For my fabulous friend EvilRegal10lp. Hope you liked it fucker!

Thanks for reading and voting everyone!