Lost In The Moment

There was no avoiding this. The outcome was a sad one. They had tried for so long, to fight, but there was no fighting this.

They didn't know how long Regina had left. It could be days, months, a year or two if they were lucky.

This may be the last sunset I'll see
So I'll take it in, I'll take it in
This may be the last air that I'll breathe
I'll breathe it in, I'll breathe it in

Regina and Emma sat on the sand, on the same beach they had first met, had their first kiss and first began to start dating. Now, this was the place for what would be one of their last moments together.

Emma wrapped her arm around Regina, bringing her girlfriend closer as they watched the sunset. They didn't speak, they just silently watched the sun, being happy in eachothers presence.

I heard that pictures don't change
Just the people inside of 'em do
Whoever told you that life would be easy
I promise that person was lyin' to you
You got a problem with followin' through
That's why I got a problem with followin' you
You keep lookin' at me like this problem is new
But we’ve been here before, what you tryin' to do?
Don't talk to me like I don't know what you feeling
'Cause I was there with you back in the beginning
Quit looking away when I talk, let me finish
I'm tryna be honest, you're tryna forget me, ugh
What's wrong with you, hey?
I know that you got a lot on your plate
You keep telling me I should get out of your way
But I can't see how you gon' lie to my face
Don't tell me you fine 'cause I know that you not so don't even try
And what we gon' live for in this life full of pain 
'Til we're eighty and one day we'll get up and say we regretted our lives
That's where we going
Do not pretend like you don't even notice
Funny thing is that you already know it
I'm starting to think that you like how I feel so be lost in the moment

Emma thought back to when Regina first found out she had cancer. It all added up in her mind. She was pushed away, they fought more, she didn't understand. Emma had been there for Regina through everything...But Regina wouldn't allow Emma to here for her but that was until Emma demanded to know what was going on after Regina had collapsed in The Rabbit Hole.

When Emma found out, it destroyed her. She had planned this life out for herself and Regina. She wanted to grow old with her, get married and have kids but now it was impossible. Emma was losing her soulmate, her other half.

Lost, lost in the moment
Lost in the moment, lost in the moment
And get lost, lost in the moment
Lost in the moment, lost in the moment

"I love you Emma."

"I love you too."

"Tell me what you love about me." Regina said as she layed her head on Emma's shoulder.

"I love your eyes. The way the they shine when you speak about your Father and your first horse. I love your smile. I love the way your hand fits in mine. I love your cuddles and the kisses that wake me up in the morning. I love you for you."

Regina smiled and snuggled closer. "I love your eyes too. Your smile is beautiful. You smell amazing all the time. You've filled my heart with so much love and happiness. I love you so much."

"You are so special to me. You are my soulmate, the other half of my heart. No matter what happens Reg-" Emma stopped talking as she looked down. "Regina?"

The dark haired girl, layed lifeless in Emma's arms. Tears filled Emma's eyes as she didn't let go of her girlfriend.

"I also love the way you make me get lost in the moment. So when bad things happen..I won't see and I won't get sad. I love you Regina. I always will."

A/N: Got rushed towards the end which I apologise for but SOMEONE was distracting me. And it was the same person who requested this. EvilRegal10lp. Hope you enjoyed!

Thanks for reading and voting everyone!