Ex

Ex, Ex
Ex, Ex
Ex, Ex
Ex, Ex

It had been months. It had been months since Emma and Regina broke up. It had been months since Emma had went out and had fun. It had been months since she had been happy.

Saturday night and the streets are filling up
Saturday night and my mates are calling up
Wondering where I've been, where I've been
If I'm ever coming out again, out again

Her phone was vibrating but she ignored it as she layed on the sofa, just staring up at the ceiling. Thinking how things could be different if she had reacted to situations differently. Would her and Regina still be together?

Her phone wouldn't stop vibrating so she sighed as she grabbed it. She looked at the caller ID to see it was her best friend Lily. She answered the phone, not being in the mood to speak she waited for Lily to speak first.

"Hello?" Lily asked confused.

"What do you want?" Emma asked, she didn't mean to sound rude but she wasn't up for talking to anyone.

"Emma, it's been weeks since you last spoke to me, Rose or Killian. We're sick and tired of you shutting us out and ignoring us because you're in a hump about Regina. She hurt you. She didn't just break up with you. She broke your heart. She took away my best friend and replaced her with whatever the fuck you are. She ignored you when you were at your lowest point. She ignored your calls and texts when you wanted to work through your problems. Now, your friends are going to fix your problems. Get showered. Get dressed. We're going out and you don't have a choice. You're coming."

Lily ended the call, leaving Emma shocked but this was the kick up the ass she needed to start moving on. She did what Lily said and got showered. She let the hot water run down her naked body and she smiled. She smiled as she felt herself become refreshed, not just by being clean but she could feel that this was the start of a clean slate. A new start. She was going to go out and have the time of her life. Just her and her friends.

She finished showering, giving her hair a quick dry and curling it. She decided to dress casual, opting for blue skinny jeans, a white shirt and her favourite red leather jacket with black boots to finish the outfit.

Guess I don't see the harm in just a couple drinks
Guess I don't see the harm in having two or three
Probably do me good, do me good
'Cause I think of you more than I should, than I should

She was soon with her friends and they were soon in a club. Shot after shot came and Emma was enjoying herself. She was drinking a beer and chatting to Killian when Lily excused herself.

This was the first time she had stopped thinking about Regina...Until Lily returned with a woman with long brown hair and a killer body. She smiled at Emma and Emma smiled back...It was a fake smile. She realised what was happening and it made her mood drop. This isn't what she had wanted.

They think they're trying to help introducing me to someone else
I play along 'cause I haven't got the heart to tell 'em

That if I dance with somebody
I might want somebody else
And if I want somebody
I might fall in love and forget what it was to be
Wrapped in your arms so tightly
To be your man so tonight I'll be
Dancing alone 'cause I'm afraid if I forget then you'll just become an Ex

"This is Ruby." Lily introduced. "She works with me at the diner." Lily looked at Emma and winked.

"Emma, right?" Ruby asked as she sat in the booth and slid closer to the blonde.

"Yeah."

"That's a really beautiful name."

"Thanks...So is Ruby."

"Aw, really? That's the first time someone has said my name is beautiful."

Emma smiled and quickly drank from her beer bottle. She looked away, trying to stop tears filling her eyes as she continued to think about Regina.

"Oh my gosh! I love this song." Ruby squealed excitedly as she heard Happier by Marshmello and Bastille begin to play. "Emma, come dance with me." Ruby said as she slid out of the booth, pulling Emma with her.

"I'm not that good at dancing." Emma said trying to get out of it.

"Me neither! Come on!"

Emma was pulled up and pulled towards the dance floor. Ruby wrapped her arms around Emma's neck and they began to move with the beat of the song.

Now I remember why this was a bad idea
Now I remember even less than when we got here
Memories, memories
I feel you slipping away from me, away from me

All the while, Emma's heart was pounding and she had a werid feeling in her stomach. It wasn't butterflies, it was almost as if she was scared or worried. Ruby moved closer and the tears filled Emma's eyes but she quickly put her head against Ruby's trying to hide the fact she was about to cry.

This was the first time she had been close to someone like this since Regina. It terrified her because she thought she might want Ruby. She was terrified because if she wanted Ruby she might end up falling in love with her...And if she did that then all she would know is Ruby's kiss. Ruby's hugs. Ruby's comfort. Ruby. Ruby. Ruby. All Regina would be is a memory, just another ex.

But Regina wasn't. Regina was special. Regina was her first love but they were over and as scared as Emma was, she had to move on. She was terrified but she allowed herself to have fun. To be close to Ruby. The tears dried up and she pulled away, just as a slow song came on.

She pulled Ruby close so their forheads were touching and they danced together, staring into eachothers eyes.

Emma broke eye contact as she felt another pair of eyes on her and when she looked up, she saw Regina sat in a booth with her friends, watching, a heart broken look on her face.

Emma regretted dancing with Ruby and just as she was about to pull away, Ruby kept her in place.

"Keep your eyes on me. She deserves to feel the way she does." Emma gave Ruby a confused look but the brunette gave her a small smile. "Lily told me what the bitch had done. Her friends too."

"I can't do this."

"You can. She's just another ex. Let her go."

Emma's bottom lip quivered but she nodded her head. Ruby quickly pulled her in for a hug, this time Emma cried but she wouldn't let Regina see. She pretended she whispering into Ruby's ear but it was Ruby who was whispering into Emma's. Comforting her.

Making her feel safe. Making her feel something she hadn't felt in months.

Happy.