AA Meeting

"Hi my name is Emma and I'm an alchoholic."

"Hi Emma."

Emma looked at the ground as she played with her fingers. She felt both shy and ashamed, but there was no need for her to be ashamed because she was getting help.

"Welcome Emma, as you know my name is Zelena. I've been sober for six years now and I like to think that I can help others. If everyone would like to introduce themselves that would be brilliant."

"Hello Emma, my name is Belle."

"Hi Belle." Emma replied nervously.

"Hey Emma, I'm Graham."

"Hi Graham."

"Hello love, I'm Killian."

"Hi Killian."

Everyone else introduced themselves and when it was the last person, Emma couldn't help but look up and see who that beautiful voice belonged to.

"Hello dear, my name is Regina."

Emma's lips parted in shock at how beautiful the woman next to her was.

"Hi." Emma replied shyly.

She couldn't take her eyes off of Regina and Regina couldn't take her eyes off of Emma. She was captivated by her green eyes.

"Now then Emma, would you like to tell us how you became an alchoholic?"

Emma let out a shaky breath and looked back down to the floor, Regina placed her hand on Emma's knee causing the blonde to look up.

Regina gave her an encouraging smile which caused Emma to give her a weak smile in return.

"It started young. Not the drinking but the problems. I was abandoned on the side of the road when I was a few hours old. I've been passed around foster homes, I got adopted once...But then they sent me back when I got caught with a girl in bed. I thought they were the perfect family. They loved me. They cared for me and that all changed in a split second when I realised my sexuality. I tried to hide it for so long after that, I told myself it was wrong. That I would never have a family that loves me because of it...At the age of seventeen I got in with a bad crowd. There was a guy my age and he was wonderful. Atleast that's what I thought. I only dated him to try and make it seem real that I was straight. He took my virginity and he got me pregnant. Things seemed fine, we were happy. I wasn't in love with him but he loved me...But he didn't. He left me to get arrested for something he did. I gave birth in jail. I gave that baby up for adoption and it kills me inside because I don't know if he's happy or not. Maybe he's like me. Maybe he's getting abused and I could have stopped that. Ever since then I have done nothing but drink. Every day consists of a drink of whatever I can get my hands on that is strong."

"I understand how you feel when it comes to your sexuality." Regina said gently as she grabbed Emma's hand and held it. "My Mother hated the fact I wanted to be with a woman. She killed the woman I had loved for so long..Right in front of me. She forced me to get married to a rich man's son. I was forced to live with him and each night I would cry after he would have his way with me. I found the strength to leave and run away but I didn't find the strength to not turn to drink. Until my son came into my life. He saved me. You see, if I continue to drink, I will die. It could be one drink, could be two. I will die."

Emma and Regina began to just talk to eachother, about their drinking, about their lives and Regina's son. Everyone else talked to eachother, with small smiles on their faces as they witnessed a friendship blooming but everyone knew it would more than likely turn into more.

"My son isn't mine by blood and DNA. I adopted him. My neice was outside playing with a little boy and when Zelena, who is my sister, called her the little boy looked sad. I told him she'd play tomorrow and he explained he wasn't sad because she was going, he was sad because he didn't have a mommy or a daddy. He explained how he was in a foster home but all he wanted was to be adopted. To have a real family, someone to call his Mommy. I got to know him more and two years later I adopted him. I may have missed out on his baby years but he's still my son. He's my reason for living."