For Now

Regina sat at the kitchen table, her eyes locked on the door. She waited for the woman she loved so much to walk through.

They had, had their biggest fight ever. The most hurtful things were said to eachother, even though they didn't mean a word but Regina had gone too far. She had pushed Emma too hard and that was when Emma stormed out of the house leaving Regina feeling guilty and leaving Regina feeling like her entire world was crashing down around her.

All she had ever known was loss, pain, abandonment and that's why she continued to push people away when they got too close but Emma never allowed herself to be pushed away. She remained by Regina and soon the two fell in love and got married.

Not once during their arguements had Emma stormed out and when she did, Regina knew what was coming, it just took a long time for it to happen.

The words she said to Emma, repeated over and over in her head.

I don't need you. You were nothing more than a distraction from the pain I've felt for too long. You are nothing and you will always be nothing.

She didn't know why she said it, maybe that's how she saw herself so she was lashing out at herself, by lashing out at Emma.

With a sigh, Regina stood up and made her way from the kitchen to her office. A place where she didn't just do work, but a place where she could think and get lost in her thoughts. Free herself from pain and sadness...But she knew this time she wouldn't be able to free herself from the sadness she felt. Only Emma could by walking through the door.

She sat at the piano she had since she was a little girl and began to play the keys, not purposely playing any tune, just letting herself get lost in the soft tune her fingers began to play. She hummed along before she closed her eyes and began to sing.

Remember that time we were just kickin'
But nothing had changed, nothing was really different
Then love showed it's teeth like it was something vicious
No, no, no, let me finish
Ain't it something when it all goes tragic
How a spell can get casted onto something magic
What I wouldn't give to get back to where we had it
Oh, it should've lasted

Now it's like I lied
When I said I didn't need you
Alright if you'd left I'd never be
Tonight can we just get it right
Somehow, for now

Freeze, frame, pause, rewind, stop
And get back to the old familiar thoughts
Can we just freeze, frame, pause, rewind, stop
And get back to the feelings we think we've lost
For now

She snapped her eyes open as she heard her office door close. She saw Emma standing there, red puffy eyes and her jacket in hand. Regina continued to play and sing, not once taking her eyes off of her wife.

Oh, I'm so goddamn mean
'Cause I, I, I say and I do things that I shouldn't sometimes
My mouth gets me in trouble all the time

But now it's like I lied
When I said I didn't need you
I die if you'd left I'd never be alright
Can we just get it right somehow
For now

Freeze, frame, pause, rewind, stop
And get back to the old familiar thoughts
Can we just freeze, frame, pause, rewind, stop
And get back to the feelings we think we've lost
For now, for now
Can we just freeze, frame, pause, rewind, stop
And get back to the feelings we think we've lost
For now

Remember that time we were just kickin'
But nothing had changed, nothing was really different
Then love showed it's teeth like it's something vicious
No, no, no, let me finish
For now

Freeze, frame, pause, rewind, stop
And get back to the old familiar thoughts
Can we just freeze, frame, pause, rewind, stop
And get back to the feelings we think we've lost
For now, for now
Can we just freeze, frame, pause, rewind, stop
And get back to the feelings we think we've lost
For now, for now
Can we just rewind, stop
Get back to the feelings we think we've lost
For now

Regina stopped playing and stood up, slowly making her way over to her wife.

"I'm an idiot." Regina said trying not to cry.

"Finally, something we can agree on." Emma chuckled. Emma took Regina's hand and held it tightly as she gave her wife a serious look. "You really hurt me with some of the things you said today."

"I know...I don't know why I said those things. It's like I pressed the destroy everything you love button in my head. I hate fighting with you and I really, really hate hurting you."

"What you said wasn't okay. Regardless if you meant it or not, but. I forgive you."

"I didn't even apologise yet."

"You don't have to. I can tell just looking at you how sorry you are."

Regina gave Emma a weak smile before she let out a shaky breath as tears filled her eyes. "Please don't leave me."

"I'm never going to leave you. Ever. You can hurt me as much as you want but in my vows I promised to love you forever and always, to be yours forever and always. Those vows were a promise and I keep my promises."

"Oh Emma." Regina sighed happily.

"Oh Regina." Emma mimicked. "I love you."

"I love you too. You have no idea how much I love you."

A/N: For EvilRegal10lp! Hope ya liked it bitch!

Thanks for reading and voting everyone!