Why?

Emma wasn't stupid, she knew what she felt for Regina was real and she knew Regina felt the same. They had a connection, they had strong feelings for eachother. They had shared a kiss the previous night...But before a word could be said, Regina walked away from Emma and walked out of her house.

She had been avoiding Emma all day, not wanting to talk about what happend, not wanting to talk about her feelings. She felt things she swore she would never feel again. But she did.

She was about to pour herself a glass of wine, when the front door burst open and Emma barged in.

"Just let yourself in." Regina rolled her eyes.

"Why have you been ignoring me?" Emma asked closing the door behind her before making her way to the living room.

"Because I don't want to talk to you."

"Why?"

"Because you're annoying."

"That may be true, but don't bullshit me. It's because we kissed last night isn't?" Regina tensed up and Emma sighed. "I knew it. Look, I don't want to tell you that I know how you feel because I usually don't but..This time I do know. You feel the exact same as me. We've both felt it since the day at the mines when I rescued Henry and those feelings have only gotten stronger. Deny it all you want, but when we kissed there was a spark."

"Just get out."

"No, I wanna know why you bailed on me. I was so happy and then I was confused and it made me upset. Why Regina?"

Regina felt tears sting her eyes but she refused to cry. "Emma, leave now. Please."

"I love you. I've loved you for a long time and I feel like I have the strength to say it because I'm not scared. I'm not scared to be in love." Emma said kneeling down in front of Regina. "You feel the same, I know you do."

Regina turned her head away but Emma gently used her finger to turn Regina's head to look at her. "Why can't you look me in the eyes?"

A single tear escaped Regina's brown eyes and Emma quickly wiped it away. "What's wrong?"

"I love you too but I can't go through this again. I refuse."

"Why?"

"The first person I loved, he.. He died and the pain of losing someone you love...It's too much to handle and I don't know what I'd do if I lost you." Regina cried as she placed her hand on Emma's cheek. "I've fallen so hard for you and it breaks my heart to think about you leaving to go on one of your saviour missions and you not coming back."

"Regina listen to me." Emma said trying not to cry herself, she grabbed Regina's hands and locked their fingers together. "I'm not leaving you ever. Sure, we're gonna have our good and our bad times. But I won't give up on you or us. I won't break your heart. Sure, I'll go for a few hours after a fight but it's only to cool down. I'm not gonna leave you ever, I'm not gonna die unless it's of old age and you wanna know why?"

"Why?"

"Because I love you."