4.) Reports & Repercussions

DAJON
January 11th

"It's the new year Dajon and you're already in my office." Principal Wes spoke and Dajon shook his head.

"It ain't my fault y'all gave me an uneducated history teacher." He replied and Wes gave him a look.

"Would you like to tell me your side then?" He asked and Dajon shrugged.

"Ain't like you gon believe me anyway."

15 minutes ago

"So you gave me a C minus for what?" Dajon asked looking at his VA US history teacher.

"Incorrect information, you had the books and notes, you refused to use." She replied handing out the rest of the graded reports.

"Incorrect? Bi-... lady you told us to use multiple resources and that's what I did. Everything in those books are not for us folks of color, they have been white washed and you know it." He told her and a few classmates stopped what they were doing to watch the show.

"Excuse me?"

"What about my project was wrong?" He asked holding his paper up that he spent 4 hours doing.

"Everything, for starters, MLK was assassinated and died. Nobody killed him in private." She spoke and he laughed.

"That's what yo book say? You must not use google or YouTube for extra help. There's been reports all over the internet that the doctor suffocated him. Or did you not know that as well? How about the fact that the FBI did harass Dr. King and his family for years and tapped their phones. Or did you not know that?"

"Like I said, the information was wrong."

"Come on now Mrs. J, that man hitting you with facts and you shutting him down." AJ spoke up causing the other classmates to speak up as well.

"Those are conspiracies." She stated and Dajon furrowed his brows.

"To who? You? Why is it so hard for you to get it in yo head that YOUR people hated black folks and did any and everything to make it known. You think y'all sweet? You must be smoking crack. I did my research and gave credible sources like you said and you still failed me. I want my A like I deserve." He demanded and she laughed sitting down at her desk.

"Sure, if you choose another person to write about."

"Word?" He asked standing and AJ had the "oh shit" look on his face.

"So we're just gonna nip this in the butt right here." He spoke pulling out his phone ignoring her telling him to sit down.

"It says... the nurse that saw what happened described the chief of surgery as Dr. Breen Bland entering the emergency room with two men in suits." You listening or nah?" He asked and she rolled her eyes typing away at her keyboard.

"Yo ass gon hear me today." He stated and the kids laughed.

"Excuse me?"

"Excuse me?" He mocked.

"Like I was saying, she said she saw the doctors working on Dr. King and goofy boy Bland commanded, "Stop working on the nigger and let him die! Now, all of you get out of here, right now. Everybody get out."

"False." She spoke and he tilted his head.

"She looked over her shoulder and saw them remove the breathing tube and watched as the doctor held the pillow over Dr. King's face. Like I said in my report, he did not die from the shooting, he died because the racist doctor killed him." He gritted walking over and placed his paper on her desk.