76.)

"What are you doing here?" Ayanna asked staring at Kwan as she rubbed at her tired eyes. Her 24th birthday was a week ago and of course he used the entire month of April to spoil her, to a stranger you would assume they were dating or even married because that's exactly how they acted, but they were just best friends who so happened to have sex on occasion.

She landed in New York, New York early this morning and has been in bed asleep trying to prepare for the client meetup she had in 2 days, she did not expect to see Kwan but then again him popping up on her became a habit of his, a strategic yet warming one at that.

"Cyaah I come in?" He asked interrupting her thoughts.

Ayanna stared at him for a moment before backing away from the door.

"It's two in the morning, Kwan,"

"So? Yuh don't even like sleeping in di dark alone," He replied then nodded towards all the lights she had cut on to back up his statement.

"You say it like it's something I should be ashamed of," she mumbled heading to her room with him following close behind.

Putting his bags down, Kwan removed his clothes and cut the lights out before climbing in bed behind her. He knew she hated sleeping in the dark because of what happened to her parents, he never understood why she tried to play so tough about it when he literally knew her inside and out.

"Did yuh get yur nut today?" He asked placing his hand between her thighs.

"I've been sleep all day," she mumbled trying to push his hand away but he stopped her.

"I'm tired Kwan,"

"I know," he replied pulling her body into his and buried his face in the crook of her neck as he massaged her through her panties slowly.

"Kwan no... I'm really tired," she whimpered.

"I'm not gonna do anyting Ya, just relax ma," he assured turning on his back and pulled her on top of him.

Rubbing her ass, he closed his eyes allowing his finger to graze her pussy every few seconds.

"Yuh know yuh cyaah get anyting fram mi right?" He asked and she nodded.

"I just want to sleep tho ok?"

Understanding, Kwan moved his hand up to her back then her hair and massaged her scalp as he hummed a tune to her lowly until her heard her light breathing.

With his hand resting on her back, Kwan stared at the clock on her wall thinking about things he wanted to change about himself just to be the man he knew she needed. On many occasions she confessed her true love to him but he never reacted off of it, he knew he loved her but he wasn't sure if he was worthy enough to actually step up to the plate and be the person, the man, he knew she needed.

She barely messed with her fuck buddies and he put a stop to sleeping around the first night she came out and told him that she loved him. Besides his family and especially his mom, he knew Ayanna was who he wanted and the woman he needed but he still had things to work on. Honestly, he was just afraid but he tried his best to play it off.

Questions like, what if I'm not good enough? What if we don't work out again? And what if I hurt her like my pops did my mom? Often played in his head. A cheater is what he refused to be and breaking her heart was something he wouldn't be able to withstand, it would really fuck him up mentally if he got her and messed things up.