19.)

"You don't think it's odd you're hanging with jail bait?" Danielle inquired sitting next to Dajon. They were in study hall, their last class of the day. "I'm grown and don't gotta explain shit to you, Danny, you know better,"

She sucked her teeth then rolled her eyes. Danielle was one of the four girls Dajon slid up in from time to time, but once he started his senior year he cut ties with them and kept it at a friend level with any other girl that tried to pursue him.

Danielle was pretty, short as hell and had sort of a body, but her mouth was reckless, she never knew when to shut up and it resulted in her getting beat up outside of school. She wasn't scary but she also never won and she also didn't give a damn. Majority of the girls in the school made Dajon wonder if they would ever amount to anything in life after high school, he had a few good girl friends that he knew would prosper, Eve was one of them.

"What are you doing after school? Got anything planned?" Danielle's question interrupted his thoughts. Dajon cut his eyes at her then chuckled. "You know wassup already, chill on that."

"So if I know wassup, what's the deal?" She sassed causing the teacher to look their way. "I'm not checking for you, Lord have mercy," He sighed closing his book and stood up. She went to reply but the bell rang.

"Thank God," Dajon mumbled picking up his book-bag and zoomed to the door. "Heyyy" Eve whined when he knocked her over. "Shit," He chuckled helping her up. "My bad, I was running for my life."

Eve dusted her dress off then stared at him with knitted brows. "I know I'm short, but damn I'm not invisible." She huffed picking her books up and Dajon just smirked shaking his head.

The halls became crowded and Dajon walked behind her as they headed to their lockers. "Did you still want to go to the game tonight or are you mad at me?" He asked leaning against her locker.

Danielle walked by and purposely bumped Eve's shoulder then laughed when she dropped her pocketbook. "Oops"

"See," She sighed rolling her eyes. "That's why I don't like walking with you in school, all these damn girls wanna fight me." Slamming her locker, Eve picked her things up and stormed off in the opposite direction.

Dajon sighed removing his keys from his pocket along with his phone. Eve wasn't his girlfriend so he wasn't sure if he should've said something to Danielle or not.

As he walked the halls he called Kingston on FaceTime, last time they spoke King told him that he and Renae were going to Houston for some reason.

"Wazzam, what it do, what it do?" King answered and Dajon chuckled at the stuff he had on his face. "Nigga is that facial product?"

"Yeah, Nae made it, said she wanted to try something," King shrugged going out to the balcony of his and Renae's hotel suite. "Why you call tho? Something happened at school?"

"Yeah, I'm not sure what the hell tho," Dajon replied as he gave a nod to the principal on his way out the building. "Aight, let me hear it,"

"Well, this girl I used to fuck got an issue with me hanging with Eve," Dajon began and King nodded for him to continue. "She saw me and Eve at our lockers and bumped her. I ain't say nothing 'cause I ain't think I had to but Eve hit me the this why I don't like being around you line,"

King chuckled. "You watched your friend get embarrassed, she expected you to say something lil bro that's all. It doesn't seem like she's confrontational or knows how to talk shit. I wouldn't say you're obligated to defend her, but in dat moment, you probably should have."

Dajon thought on his words for a while as he sat inside his car. "So... should I apologize?" He asked.

"It's the right thing to do, I get she's not your girl but she's your friend, sometimes da lines draw somewhere when it comes to disrespect."