33.)

July had come and gone and it was getting closer and closer for Eve and Dajon to head off for college. Renae was dreading the day as were the rest of the family. Renae was 4 months pregnant and her stomach was bigger than usual, but she didn't think anything of it. She just figured she was eating too much but that wouldn't stop, her cravings had gotten so bad, King had to buy a mini fridge from Lowe's and was sure to keep it stocked with all of her favorites. Her 22nd birthday was two days ago and King made it one of the best ones yet. From sun up to sun down, King waited on her hands and feet and showered her with lots of love. They went to the movies, went out to lunch, did a sip and paint class then King allowed Mama Karen and Eve to spend the rest of the evening with her until she grew tired. King spent the rest of the night making love to her as the moonlight shined in on them. It was like no other and Renae enjoyed every moment of it.

"Can I tell you something?" Dajon asked. He and Renae were in Target picking up some things for his dorm. Unfortunately, all first-year students had to stay with roommates but Dajon's wouldn't be there until March of next year and Eve's took classes at night and worked in the am.

"Of course you can," Renae replied inspecting the cute alarm clock. "I did... I did the uh... the thing with Eve a few weeks ago," he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly and Renae rose her perfectly arched brow.

"Mhm," She hummed squinting her eyes at him. "What did you do?"

Dajon chuckled at the face she made. "We made... we made love," he whispered looking around as if someone was watching them.

"Not sex but y'all made love?" She quizzed and he nodded avoiding her gaze.

"Did you hurt her? Did you remember to pee after and to clean yourselves up? Did you use a condom?"

"No, yes, yes and.... no," He answered and her eyes bucked.

"What," she whispered yelled grabbing his ear and he yelled.

"She's on birth control," He groaned trying to push her hand away.

"How do you know?" She glared pulling him down further and he cursed.

"Her mom took her way before it happened Z damn man," he sighed when she let him go.

"I don't care how much you trust somebody, you always use protection do you hear me," she scolded pointing her finger in his face.

"She's protected already man," he groaned.

"Well, I thought I was too, but look at me," She motioned to her protruding belly and Dajon frowned.

"What's wrong with you being pregnant?"

Renae caught on to what she said and waved him off. "Nothing is wrong, I was just making a point that birth control isn't always certain, so prepare to take other actions unless you want to be a daddy before your life even starts,"

"I hear you," he nodded following her into the bathroom aisle.

"You didn't even let me tell you the good part though," he chuckled. "Ok, what's the good thing?"

"I told her I loved her," He smiled sliding his hands inside his pockets and Renae stopped pushing the shopping cart and studied him. He has been wearing a glow lately, she was low key salty that she didn't realize the reason behind it though.

"You did? I mean you do?" She beamed and he chuckled.

"I do and yes, I did," he answered and she smiled big. "Like you honestly feel it like deep within,"

Dajon laughed at her dramatics and nodded. "Yes lil girl, I've been trying to fight it for some time and well... I finally confessed." He told her and Renae smiled.