12.) Drunken Mind

RENAE
Same day

"You didn't have to end your phone call because of me." Renae spoke as she headed inside the kitchen.

"It was my mom." He replied getting up and entered the kitchen as she pulled the fridge open.

"Oh you told her we're back?"

"Yeah, have you called your folks yet?" He asked hugging her from behind.

"No... my phone has been off since we got back." She announced and he furrowed his brows.

"I just need some time."

"I understand that." He replied stepping back and leaned against the counter while she placed the pack of hamburger inside the sink.

"Are you ok with having sloppy joe for dinner?" She asked.

"Fine with me." He replied studying her.

"You touched yourself this morning?" He asked and she furrowed her brows looking over at him.

"What made you ask that?"

"I don't know... you have a different vibe about you whenever you do that." He replied staring at her.

"I did." She answered grabbing the lettuce, shredded cheese, ham cubes, bacon bits, ranch, and tuna out the fridge.

"Stress or just horny?" He asked.

"The first one." She mumbled grabbing the big bowl to make the salad with.

"Is it because of fuck boy?"

"Mhm." She hummed and he stared at her for a moment.

"I don't want to talk about that though."

"We don't have to, I just wanted to know if I was right that's all." He told her.

"Can we talk about your dream?" He asked crossing his arms.

"Not today." She answered washing the lettuce off.

"It's the reason you've been feeling this way." He reminded.

"I don't want to talk about it King." She stressed.

"So what can we talk about then Nae? Do you think I want to come home finding you on the bathroom floor? You think I like coming home with you in the tub with a razor in your hand huh? How many times do you have to almost die before you listen to me?" He questioned slightly frustrated.

"Why are you mad at me? I didn't ask to be brought into this fucked up world!" She snapped dropping the knife in the sink.

"I'm not even yelling at you."

"You mindswell be, you want to marry me but not the baggage I come with!"

"Hold on now." He spoke leaning off the counter.

"We have to talk about these things, that's what I'm trying to get you to realize." He told her.

"I don't want to. What don't you get that?"

Shaking her head, she put the cutting board down and walked out the kitchen.

"What are we doing right now?" He asked following behind her.

"I just want us to talk."

"You want to talk about something I'm trying to forget about!" She screamed getting in his face and he backed up.

"Stop yelling at me, how'd we go from happy to this in a matter of seconds?"

Shaking her head, she grabbed her car keys and jacket.