53.)

"Do you really want a divorce, Lulu?" Evan asked Lucy. It was 3:30 in the states and 2:30 back in Jamaica. Lucy got off work early and had planned on heading to the usual spot but Evan ended up coming home for lunch.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I do?"

"Can we try counseling? I know I fucked up with the whole Dajon situation but I've been trying Lulu," he said and she turned her nose up.

"Don't call me that,"

"Why not? You messing with someone else?" He frowned his face up and Lucy laughed.

"Don't ask me shit about my life when you can't sign a simple paper,"

"Let me find out your ass fucking someone else. I'll make your life a living hell," He gritted and she looked over her nails unbothered.

"Last I checked I'm not that naive little girl anymore who let you toss me around like some rag doll. You forgot about the shit I have on you, now try me if you think I'm playing with your ass,"

Evan got up and grabbed her face and Lucy cocked back and punched him.

"Don't you EVER put your hands on me! Sign the fucking papers or so help me God! You gon' wish you killed my ass the night your stupid ass mama lied on me!" She spat walking into the kitchen.

Evan was right behind her and Lucy grabbed the butcher knife and held it to his throat before he could touch her. "Back the fuck up,"

"I know you're out here fucking somebody else and the moment I catch you, you and that nigga dead,"

"Just like I see you fucking that white bitch in here every Tuesday and Thursday?" She smirked and Evan's scowl dropped.

"Let that bitch come up pregnant, the divorce will be the least of your worries," she warned tossing the knife and pushed him out her way.

"Least your cheating ass could do was make me cum! Not good for nothing, sorry ass nigga, damn I don't know what I saw in your lame ass," shaking her head, she picked up her purse and stormed out.

Evan knocked the plates off the counter then flipped the dining table over.

"Son of a bitch!" He yelled punching the wall mirror repeatedly until a few glass fragments cut his knuckles.

Breathing heavily, he slid down the wall and stared at the picture of baby Eve.

She was gonna have to pry the divorce from his hands because far as he was concerned, there was no such thing as separating not until he said so.

He didn't see a problem with his cheating, Lucy knew he couldn't keep it in his pants to save his life but if he thought for just a second that she was cheating there was surely gonna be hell to pay.

***

     Lucy was sitting at the kitchen table downing a bottle of wine as Keyshia Cole, Shoulda Let You Go played lowly on her phone.

Dressed in nothing but her oversized T-shirt with her hair pulled up and her eyes slightly hooded, Lucy thought back to all the times she should have left Evan but didn't.

From the first time she walked in on him having a threesome while pregnant with Eve, she should've left but she forgave him.

The time she caught him sleeping with her best friend and his mom covered it up, she knew she should've left, but like a fool she stayed.