67.)

It was 11:30, the morning of the girls first birthday. King was wrapping up the girls' gifts while his mom gave them their bath.

He was still waiting on a call from Renae or even a text but still got nothing. His sadness was slowly starting to turn into anger and that's what he's been trying to avoid.

He knew she was getting help for herself but the fact that she hadn't even called to wish their daughters a happy birthday had him boiling on the inside.

"Mawnin, how yuh feeling?" Kwan asked entering the guest bedroom.

"Wassup? I'm cool, where's Ayanna?"

"Late," Kwan chuckled placing the gift bags down by the door and went to sit next to King on the bed.

"Yuh still didn't hear anyting?"

"Nah," King answered wrapping up the paint set.

Kwan knew not to say anything else so he decided to switch the subject. "I heard yuh haffi uh... a clown coming and some face painters?"

"Yeah, they like balloons and Dajon got them into dat painting shit," King said then laughed.

"It'll just be for di gyals?" Kwan asked.

"What you want yo face painted?"

"Why not?" He shrugged and King chuckled.

"It's for anyone big dawg, feel free to get some shit,"

"I'm gonna assume di color theme iz pink and white?"

"Rose Gold, white and hot pink... one of Nae's favorite colors," King said then shook his head.

"Shi be bak bro," Kwan assured patting his back.

King stared at the Hello Kitty toy for a moment then laughed to himself before shaking his head.

"At least one of us believes dat,"

It was 5:15 and King was still waiting on Bryson to show up. Everyone showed up an hour early but Bryson called King at 1 to let him know he would be late because he had to take care of something.

He was now an hour late and King was trying to hold off on singing 'Happy Birthday' to the girls but they were becoming anxious and ready to go out back to get their face done and watch the show the clown had set up for them.

With Scooby Doo on the tv, Kaari and Reign sat in the living room watching it as if they haven't seen that specific Halloween episode three times already.

"You really did your thing with the setup," Ayanna complimented looking around at what King did all by himself.

He wanted things a certain way and wouldn't even let his mom help him, she knew he was just stressing because of Renae so she let him be

"Appreciate dat," King replied adding ice into the punch bowl after Mama Karen added in the slices of oranges.