8.) Promise

RENAE
Santorini (4 pm)

Hearing the door open then close, Renae put her book down and jumped down from the bed.

Rushing out the room she almost bumped into King.

"You scared me." She laughed stepping back some.

Staring at her for a moment, he grabbed her hand and led her towards the balcony.

Once outside, he sat down and pulled her down onto his lap and just laid his head on her breasts.

"I shouldn't have said that." He spoke staring out at the water.

"I do want to marry you... I could have asked in a different way and for that I'm sorry." He apologized.

Clearing his throat, he grabbed her hand and played with her promise ring.

"I never felt this way about anyone Renae. Love was like a foreign language to me and being IN love was something I only seen in movies. Loving you AND being in love with you are two different things. I love you but I'm also IN love with you."

Brushing his thumb over her hand he cleared his throat again.

"I feel connected to you. When you hurt I hurt, I spent so much of my life trying to remain hard and only show love to my mom. That when I met you, I wasn't sure how to act for real but I knew I loved you when I said it. I meant it and it rolled off my tongue with no problem."

Taking a deep breath, King placed a kiss on the back of her hand.

"I'm afraid of losing you baybeh. Yeah you've been holding shit down working by my side but there's not a day that goes by where I'm not fearing for your life. I'm your protector ma, but sometimes I feel like I'll let you down and other times I feel like you'll just leave me. I want this forever baybeh, the shit I've done in my past just eating at me." He told her.

"I done so much shit sometimes I feel like God just gonna give up and take me before I'm even ready. I can't lose you and I refuse to leave you, when I got into this relationship it was for the long run meaning we grow old together, but lately my demons been coming back to bite me in the ass and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel."

Hearing everything he was saying, she played with his hand.

"Like you helped me, I'm here to do the same for you baby. I love you with my entire heart, you are literally the reason I breathe and I want nothing but greatness for you. I'm not going anywhere babe, I'm in this for the long run. Your past does not define you but it helped mold you into this great man. I love you and I'm here for you always." She told him as she turned side ways and cupped his face.

"I'm not going anywhere baby. You saved me, literally you saved me. What good what it do if I leave you when you need me? The love I have for you is indescribable King. You are simply amazing."

Smiling softly, King rested his forehead against hers and puckered his lips.

Pecking his, she rubbed her nose on his then laid her head on his shoulder and played in his hair.

"I love you baby." She spoke softly.

"I love you Nae, don't leave me man." He mumbled wrapping his arms around her.