42.)

As the months passed, it was as if the twins were growing up faster than Renae and King both wanted. Both girls were crawling like no other and babbling on about things only they understood.

Renae had been trying to get them to start talking and even bought them the LeapFrog devices to help, but the twins were too busy chasing behind King. Wherever he went they were right behind and always tapping on his leg ready to be picked up and smothered with kisses.

The girls were starting to only want to be around King and it was starting to bother Renae. She began to see herself as Egypt and often cried to Tish on the phone about it. She wasn't sure if they weren't too fond of her or just naturally connected with King more, whatever it was, was bothering her.

It was early July, King and Renae threw them a small celebration for turning 6 months old and of course, they stuck their hands in the cake and made a mess but the family enjoyed it.

"You in da wine business?" King asked Kwan looking around his nice shop.

Kwan was giving King a tour of the businesses that would be his.

"Yeah, I own two in Houston, tree in Cali, tree here and two in New York," Kwan answered as they took a seat at the bar.

"Dis one and di one in LA and di one in Brooklyn will be yours,"

"Just like dat?" King rose a brow.

"Just like dat, mi knows yuh like to do tings business profession, so mi got di contracts here," Kwan informed as he opened his briefcase and pulled out the first folder.

"Read first before yuh drink, mi go check out a few tings, I'll be bak in twenty minutes," he said and King nodded opening the folder.

"What's those?"

"Yur other contracts, mi told yuh mi wuz serious, mi always keeps mi word lil brudda," Kwan smirked before heading towards the back.

As King was reading thoroughly through the contract, a lady had sat on the stool next to him and ordered a drink.

King ignored her presence but felt her burning a hole in his face.

"You're not from around here are you?" She finally asked allowing her Columbian accent to flow freely.

"Neither are you and I'm married, you definitely aren't my type shorty," King dismissed not even glancing her direction.

"Married huh?" She smirked looking over his attire. He was fine as hell, she knew that and his tattoos and accent only attracted her to him more.

"I don't see a ring," She added crossing her right leg over her left allowing her dress to rise.

"I don't see you leaving either, guess we both can't have what we want,"

"That would be no fun, don't you agree?" She smiled picking up her drink.

Shaking his head, King put the pen down and finally looked at her.

She looked like every Instagram model he's ever saw, to him she was basic, boring looking to be exact but to a regular guy or a lame she would be considered 'bad' or the 'It girl'

"Definitely not my type, not even close," He chuckled focusing back on the contract.

Frowning, the stranger looked him over and went to touch his leg but Kwan came in out of nowhere and grabbed her hand and had a death grip on it.

"Dis iz mi family, yuh out of yur fucking mind?" He gritted.

The once flirtatious woman now had fear in her eyes. "Kwan I didn't kn—"