15.) Making it right

RENAE
Later that evening

Trust Issues...

Reading over the title of her latest poem, Renae sipped on her drink and stared at the page for a moment letting her mind piece together the words she was hearing.

Trust issues... Everyone has them right?

If it's that big of a deal when dealing with any form of relationship why do we still get into them or form them but still complain?

"Wish I knew." She mumbled reading the words over briefly.

Work on it is what we should've done instead of claiming that they, them, he, she, YOU were the cause of it..

A mental issue is what it is, ideally we feel anyone we connect with, is always out to hurt us why?

"Poor Instinct." She spoke sipping on her drink again.

Sighing, she played with her pen for a moment.

She's been home for an hour and King has yet to walk through the door.

He hadn't answered any of her calls or texts.

That's the way we set our minds up to think.

How you gon' build or be happy if whenever someone wants to get serious the "I have trust issues" excuse comes into play?

It's YOU, ME, WE. Being stupid, confused, lost, vulnerable, half assin' the situations in order to feel like we aren't doing any wrong but it's THEM who did it who can't be trusted.

Shaking her head, she sat her cup down and leaned into the chair.

How the hell did Keenan get caught?

And why in the hell was he robbing people in the first place?

Sighing, she poured another drink and stared at the glass for a moment.

Pushing it to the side, she took a deep breath and focused back on her work.

Wrong, you have issues within yourself that you can't trust but that special person or people who come into your life to show you and give you something different you feel they're just tryna play you.

Stop it, calm down, rethink, maybe it's just the same person you mess with just in a different body, cliche much?

Maybe you're attracted to those type of people for the thrill until shit actually gets real.

It's like a meal, you're used to the same shit until you get tired and strive for something new!

"Does that even make sense?" She asked herself as she re read that sentence.

Shrugging, she went back to writing.

Something different! How we crave new things should be how we should crave new people.

Not the "same shit different day" form the "oh I just bought a range let me throw my bike out" form...

Trust issues.. is it our issues? or your issues?

However way you categorize it, they're MY issues..

Staring at her work for a moment, she read it over a few times before nodding in approval.

Closing her book, she pushed it to the side and grabbed her glass.

Staring at it momentarily she debated on downing it or pouring it out.