21.)

"If you wanna be technical, we're all foreigners in this country, for the simple fact that it was not ours, to begin with. It was stolen, I hate that foreigner saying bruh, shit so disrespectful," Dajon sighed. The topic of class today was Should foreigners be allowed to vote?

"I ain't a foreigner," Roger frowned his face up and Dajon gave him a look. "Excuse me Mrs. Brown," He apologized then turned to Roger. "My nigga, our ancestors were brought here on a ship, what you call that?" Dajon rose a brow and Eve giggled quietly.

"Anyways, like I was saying. They have the right to vote just like the rest of us, they pay taxes and work like everyone else and they really need to just call them people or citizens, foreigner is disrespectful," Dajon concluded then side-eyed Roger, he can't he said that mess.

"Is that how everyone else feels?" Mrs. Brown asked looking around the class and they nodded. "Alright so next discussion, Eve,"

Everyone turned to Eve. "Yes?"

"Would you like to choose?" Mrs. Brown asked. "Your race affects your intelligence," Eve read and Mrs. Brown smiled clicking on the link. After they watched the small video, Mrs. Brown took her seat giving the class the floor to speak. "Anyone can be smart just like anyone can be... dumb" Jean stated.

"Race doesn't determine how educated a person is. Race can affect your life though," Dajon said and Mrs. Brown leaned forward, she loved having discussions like these because she knew Dajon would be on it. Out of her ten years of teaching, he was one of her smartest, he always made perfect scores on his tests and from what his other teachers said in the meeting, he was doing well in their classes as well, one of the many reasons she typed a recommendation letter for him for Howard University, she would tell him after graduation.

"Race can affect your intelligence," Josh debated. "No it can't, that basically means that you're saying if someone is white they are smarter than any other race. It also fits into people saying if you are Asian, Japanese, Chinese, or Korean then you are smarter than us as well. That's prejudice, they work hard and study hard whereas certain people don't but let the money talk," Eve sassed.

Mrs. Brown smirked nodding her head slowly, Eve was another one of her favorite students, but awfully quiet, she let her work speak for her. Dajon looked over at Eve and smirked causing her to look away. She had plans on staying quiet for this discussion but what Josh said rubbed her the wrong way. "So you just pre judged me then, I'm Caucasian and you basically said white people don't study hard enough but we buy our way into things,"

"You put that in my mouth, a hit dog will holler. And since you want to play that card, yes, I think some not all white people are lazy and buy their way into college and any other place they can get their hands on. Maybe I think other people of color are smarter because we work twice as hard and study twice as hard just to get less credit, does my skin color determine my intelligence? No, my hard work does as should yours," Eve huffed closing her binder just as the bell rang, she needed to get out of there before she had an entire panic attack.

"You made some valid points," Jean encouraged and Eve gave her a forced smile before leaving out. Mrs. Brown smiled to herself as she waved bye to the rest of the students.

Dajon had to jog just to catch up to Eve, she was speed walking as if her life depended on it. "Aye," He called standing in front of her. "You should participate in topics like that more often, you're dope as hell lil nerd," He chuckled nudging her and Eve playfully rolled her eyes as she side stepped him.

"You still mad at me?" He asked walking alongside her. "Nope, all is forgiven," She mumbled opening her locker. Dajon sucked his teeth then chuckled opening his locker to place his books inside.