26.)

"Are you being careful with Eve," Bryson asked Dajon as they sat inside Golden Corral. "We're not having sex pops," Dajon chuckled as he placed his fork and knife inside the hot glass of water. "Son," Bryson chuckled wiping his mouth. "I know you, son, you may not be doing it in that way, but I'm sure you're doing other stuff."

Dajon chuckled as he ate his food. "I'm just helping her out pops,"

"And that's fine, but be careful DJ. I don't want you taking it far and then she gets hurts in the long run, you guys are going to college soon, which means more ladies will be there to catch your eye and something else."

"You should know that I'm not just some average nigga then, you ain't raise me to be and Renae damn sure did a good job at making sure I respected women and put their feelings first. I had sex with plenty of girls but being a 'man whore' wasn't cutting it for me, it got boring and quick. Eve has my heart and I swear it's only gonna get better as the months go on, I don't care about groupies, I care about Eve and that's who I want whether you want to believe me or not. I'm not into hurting women, hoes maybe, but they still have feelings too and I would just walk away instead of digging 'em because I know some of them can turn crazy. Breaking hearts not my memo, especially not the ones I care about, you know I don't play about Zuri and she would have my head if I was out here being a dog like these others niggas, I respect you pops, but my heart would hurt if I ever let Zuri down. You love her, but that's my best friend, what would I look like if I disappointed her when all she's done is look out for me?"

Bryson was shocked, he hadn't really got a chance to speak with Dajon on this type of level but he was glad his sweet Zuri had got the chance to and he was proud that his son respected his older sister enough to treat women the way they should be treated.

"Ok, I apologize for assuming, you're growing up on me kid and I'm not sure if I'm ready yet, but I trust you, so I'll leave it alone, just know if you ever need to talk to me about anything I'm here," Bryson told him and Dajon nodded. "What's new with you? You got a new lady in your life?"

"I work too much son, and your mom keeps popping up at my job, I'm trying not to turn her ass into the cops, but I'm tired of her crazy ass," Bryson sighed. "What she be saying when she come up there?" Dajon asked.

"She be strung out majority of the time, she keeps saying I'm gonna hate her or some stuff like that, something about Ahmed holding something over her head and threatening to kill her if she doesn't say anything."

"You think he'll do it," Dajon worried, he was upset with his mom but he didn't want her to die, he wanted her to get help.

"Nah, I've been around her and that clown for years, if anything, they're in cahoots together and I want no parts," Bryson shook his head before focusing on his food. "When's the last time she been up there?" Dajon quizzed.

"Two weeks, I threatened to call the cops. Ahmed ass up at the OceanFront some where and I'm sure she's with him."

"You think she's dead," Dajon rose a brow. "She's alive DJ I promise," Dajon nodded picking up his drink. "How do you feel about Zuri being pregnant," He asked and Dajon smiled. "I'm happy, King the homie and I hope they're having a girl, I always wanted a niece to spoil."

"You know she's scared right?" Bryson revealed and Dajon nodded. "I knew she would be, but she doesn't have anything to worry about, she got us," Dajon assured and Bryson agreed. "When do you think he'll propose to her?"

"I'm not sure, but I've been feeling like it'll happen sooner than we think," Bryson replied grabbing a few napkins. "I hope it's before I leave," Dajon mumbled.

They talked and ate for two more hours before Bryson dropped Dajon back off at the house so he could get ready to meet with Renae. Bryson got called into work and gave Dajon some extra money before he left out. Once Dajon showered, he got dressed in one of Chris Brown, Black Pyramid hoodies, he had on gray jeans, black Vans on his feet and a beanie to top off his look. Dajon had been picking up more weight over the last few weeks and was sure to work out to build more muscles, he had planned on getting tatted but he decided to wait until he left for college. Playing basketball gave him that athletic build, but he wanted to buff up just a little bit more.