60.)

It was 3 that afternoon and Bryson was sitting out back staring at the water with a can of sprite resting by his foot as he tried to figure out just where exactly did he go wrong in life.

He was starting to feel as if for some odd reason someone put some bad juju on him or something. From Lucy damn near confessing her love to him every second to him having dreams about Egypt and now his sweet Zuri... he couldn't figure out why she hated him.

He knew that one incident wasn't the reason, she was holding in a lot of animosity towards him and he knew it. She tried to pretend as if things were great between them but after last night he realized she was angrier than she led him to believe, he just couldn't understand why.

He's done everything that she wanted Ahmed to do and he's been everything that she's ever wanted Ahmed to be. From birth, he was always her father before he even knew she was his and even when Ahmed came around Bryson still held that number one spot, he was there for her through a lot.

Maybe he could have paid more attention to her whenever she was with Egypt and maybe he should have been more protective and strict on her a few years ago maybe then... just maybe he could have helped her or prevented some of the stuff that went down from happening.

She knew just like Dajon knew that he would give his life for them with no hesitation. It wasn't that he allowed the girls to jump her, he was trying to stop King and Dajon from going at them and that resulted in him slipping on helping her.

For her to compare him to Ahmed... that was just something he couldn't wrap his head around.

"Can we talk?" Renae's voice cut into his thoughts.

Bryson continued to stare at the water as he shrugged.

Renae walked down the ramp and sat next to him on the sand and watched the low waves.

They didn't say anything for a good ten minutes just continued to stare at the water both deep in their thoughts and feelings.

"Why do you blame me for so much of the things that have happened to you?" He asked breaking the silence.

Renae stared at her tattoo covered arms and shrugged. "I don't know,"

"You're twenty-three I'm not taking that kid excuse," he replied simply.

"I deserved that,"

"You deserve a lot more but that's not my character," he shrugged picking up his soda.

"I just didn't like the way you grabbed me,"

"And you think I liked doing it? You disrespected the hell out of me Renae, you crossed the line one too many times,"

She knew he was upset because in all her years of living 'Renae' had never left his mouth.

"I'm sorry," she apologized.

"I don't think you are, not with everything you said last night,"

"I was mad," she defended.

"And I wasn't? That's not an excuse for the shit you've said. I'm not even remotely close to that clown and for you to say that I am and for you to say that I reminded you of him blew my fucking mind. You've been feeling this way for some time haven't you?"

Renae stared at the water sadly. "I'm not sure,"

"Yes or no, the question was sooo fucking simple," He stressed.

"Why are you cursing?"

"Because I'm pissed the hell off and you came out wanting to talk after you walked passed me the entire day like you had more shit to get off your chest, so no I don't think you're sorry and I can only be mad at myself because I spoiled you and for some reason it seems as if you don't ever see the wrong you do,"