16.) Friend?

RENAE
Same day (Lafayette, Louisiana)

"I'll let you look at the backyard, let me know if it's not big enough for you." Renae spoke as she stepped back inside the house and read Dajon's message.

Replying back to him, she slid her phone in her pocket when the couple walked inside.

"This is kid friendly?" Jeannie asked.

"Yes ma'am." Renae replied leading them upstairs.

"So what made you guys want to move here all the way from California?"

"Less expensive." They answered and Renae laughed.

"Did you guys at least like it there?"

"It was ok, but it's like people there... well let's just say. This side of town has more reality." Justin spoke and Renae nodded.

"What about you? We read that you're from Virginia, what are you doing down here?"

"More opportunities." She answered and Jeannie glanced at her ring.

"Boyfriend?"

Looking down at her promise ring, Renae smirked.

"I do." She announced pushing the master bedroom door open.

"Oh this is gorgeous." Jeannie spoke in awe as they walked further into the room.

"It even has a balcony." She added walking towards the door.

Renae stood back allowing them to get a deep of things.

Feeling her phone vibrate, she removed it from her pocket and opened King's message.

What da hell you doing in Lafayette?

Laughing to herself, she sent a quick message then put her phone up.

"Would you like to look at the other rooms?"

"I think we seen all that we needed to see. Do you have any interior designer you would recommend?" Jeannie asked.

Pulling the card from her clipboard, Renae handed it to her along with some movers she befriended while in this business.

"I take this as an you're ready to buy?" Renae inquired and Justin chuckled.

"Yes we are."

**

DAJON

"Today in class you said that Mrs. Brown had the same last name as your sister? I didn't know you had a sister? How old is she?" Eve asked and Dajon chuckled.

"Twenty one, she'll be twenty two in August." He answered pushing his empty bowl to the side.

"Are you really interested in my life or is this some kind of set up?" He quizzed and she stared at him funny.

"Set up? Why would I do that?"

"We only talk in class or study hall, you never once asked me to basically go on a date with you." He told her and she laughed.

"That's because I was scared. You're the star of the basketball team for crying out loud and yeah you said we're "friends" but at the same time you have a lot of girls chasing behind you."

"That I don't pay any attention to." He reminded.

"So again, is this some kind of set up? You know Autumn or Zina?"