22.)

"My babiesss" Mama Karen beamed rushing over to embrace Renae and King. There was a week left in May and Renae had finally grown the courage to visit her family. "Hey mama," King chuckled as Mama Karen held his face as if it would be her last.

"Those FaceTime calls weren't doing me any justice, come here, boy." She pouted hugging him tightly. King smiled wrapping his arms around her short frame as he heard her begin to cry. Renae felt bad for keeping King away because of her own issues, he told her he didn't mind but she knew he did and it showed.

When Mama Karen looked over at Renae, she forced a smile. "Why you look so sad Z bug?"

"I'm not... I'm happy," Renae tried to assure her but Mama Karen saw right through it. Stepping away from King, she walked over and pulled Renae into a well-needed hug that made her melt right under her embrace. It was a hug that she needed, that special church hug that you long for in hopes that the person can remove the burdens you've been carrying.

"I'm sorry," Renae cried dropping her bags and held Mama Karen tighter. They both were crying but for different reasons. Karen wasn't upset with her, she was crying because she missed her just like she missed her son but she also peeped the glow that Renae had. Talking on the phone wasn't cutting it, she needed to see Renae face to face, they all did. Renae was crying because she felt shame, she felt as if she had forced Kingston out of his own mother's life just to be there for her and she also cried because she missed her, she blew off a lot of Karen calls due to guilt but it didn't mean she stopped thinking about her.

"You know I love you like you were my own right?" Mama Karen asked as she held Renae's wet face. "Yes," Renae mumbled.

"I'm not upset with you sweetheart, not even a little bit. I'm happy and I can see you're happy and doing better," She smiled and Renae smiled faintly. "Go wash your face and wait in my room, I wanna talk to you."

Nodding, Renae wiped her face and picked up her bags and headed out the living room. When she heard the bedroom door shut, Mama Karen turned to Kingston and placed her hands on her hips and squinted her eyes. "What I do?" King chuckled.

"She's pregnant."

"She's on birth control mama," King informed as he placed his bags on the couch and headed inside the kitchen with his mom hot on his trail. "Birth control isn't always certain just like condoms aren't, which I know you don't use with her because you're crazy about dat girl. She's different and I've been hearing things at Church lately regarding a new life to be announced soon, should I ask her or should you?" She folded her arms.

She wasn't mad not even a little bit, in fact, she was jumping for joy on the inside but needed to see where King's head was at. "She's not pregnant, she hasn't been throwing up or throwing random fits, she's on birth control one I came out of pocket for."

"If she was.."

"She's not," King cut in and Mama Karen huffed. "If she was, would you be happy or disappointed?"

"Why would I be disappointed? I know what we do, I'll own up to what I did," He frowned, he was starting to piece things together. Renae did feel different extremely different whenever he was inside her and she seemed to want to go for hours. She slept a lot, but she worked... it's just work he thought as he shook his head.

Was she pregnant? I would know... nah, mom's trippin' He chuckled at the thought as he washed his hands. Mama Karen stood there just staring at him. That girl is pregnant and he knows it, Lord must I do everything! She thought as she shook her head and walked away. King laughed to himself as he opened the fridge and grabbed the pitcher of Kool-aid.