17.)

Jhene Aiko Wading played lowly in the background as Renae dance. It's been a week since she found out about Dajon's new friend and although she wanted to smother him and ask a lot of questions, she decided to do what King suggested and gave him space. He was grown and she trusted he knew what to do and what not to do. Things were going good for her out here, her therapy sessions were progressing and so was business. She knew she would have to head home soon and the more she thought about it the more she procrastinated.

Finishing up her routine, Renae picked up her bottle of Powerade and chugged a good amount of it. Unplugging her phone, she headed out her dance room and jogged upstairs to take a nice hot shower.

Once she finished, she got dressed and headed downstairs to binge-watch The Originals while eating a bowl of mixed fruits. Renae had a love-hate relationship with Klaus but that was still her homie.

By the time 4 came around she had dozed off to sleep but the sounds of the front door opening woke her up. Kingston walked in and leaned over the couch and rested his face in the crook of her neck. "You missed me?"

Smiling softly, Renae nodded. "I did,"

"Did you talk to Dajon today?" He asked sitting next to her and she laid her head in his lap. "Yeah, he had to stay back though. Said he would call or text me later tonight or tomorrow,"

King nodded staring at the tv. "How was your session?"

"It was good, these new pills she gave me have me sleepy as hell." She giggled. "Do you want to come to my next session?" She asked.

"You don't even gotta ask, you know I don't mind." He told her as he got up. "What you wanna eat tonight?" He asked and she yawned then shrugged. "Surprise me."

Kingston winked at her then headed around the corner and upstairs. Renae tried to resume watching the show but ended up falling asleep.

By 7:30 she was up and sitting at the table watching King as she fought to keep her eyes open. "What are you making babe?" She asked rubbing at her eyes. "Baked chicken, with a lil bit of Cajun season, old bay, and some other spices I rather not say," he chuckled and she smiled softly.

"Also cheese broccoli, mashed potatoes, and corn on the cob."

"Sounds good," she yawned.

"Go lay down Nae, I'll come get you when the food's done," He told her but she waved him off. "I'm fine, I just gotta shake it off. I probably was supposed to take them at night time anyway." She giggled standing up and joined him in the kitchen.

"Are you ok with taking the pills?" He worried and she nodded. "Just until I can find some natural products to help, I just don't like how strong the dosage is." She frowned.

King chuckled stirring the mashed potatoes. As he cooked, Renae sat on the counter watching him as he hummed along to Jagged Edge Let's Get Married.

King finished cooking by eight fifteen and Renae's stomach had finally made itself known. King busted out laughing when she tried to play the sounds of her stomach grumbling off.

They said grace and sat at the table ready to go to town on the food. King told her about some business deals he was trying to secure and a few hotels he's was looking into investing in. He wasn't where he needed to be but he was further than he's ever been and he had to give Renae thanks for that.

After dinner, Renae volunteered to wash the dishes while King headed upstairs to shower.

By the time Renae made her way inside the room, she changed into one of his oversized T-shirt's and climbed in bed ready to let sleep take its course. King entered the room smelling like his Burberry body wash one that Renae loved.